We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Physical Therapy Place near Kihei

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
overland park, ks
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Physical Therapy Place near Kihei

Does anyone know where there are Physical Therapy Places in/near Kihei? I had major lung surgery and will need some Physical Therapy 3 times a week while in Kihei, thanks

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Physical Therapy Place near Kihei

There are several in Kihei, butI have no idea who might best meet your needs. You might want to call Maui Chest Medicine at (808) 874-8774 and ask who they recommend.

A few places I know of are:

South Shore Physical Therapy is the newest one in Kihei. It opened recently in the Aloha Plaza, off of the upper highway. They are downstairs from Maui Chest Medicine but I do think they are affiliated in any way

Rehab at Kihei in the Pi`ikea Center. They are part of the rehab Hospital of Honolulu and are in the back of the Kihei-Wailea Medical Center

Kihei Physical Therapy in the Kukui Mall, about which I know nothing other than I have seen it.

michigan
Level Contributor
215 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Physical Therapy Place near Kihei

I suggest you also check with your insurance company to see if it would be possible to transfer care for a short period- they may or may not pay for it. You would also need a new prescription from your doc. (I am assuming you know all this... but...)

I work in a Therapy clinic in a tourist area in Michigan, and we are occasionally asked to provide therapy for a few weeks while folks are on vacation. SOmetimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Unfortunately insurance companies don't want to pay for a whole evaluation if you had one already somewhere else- and I don't know if the Kihei therapists would considering working under another therapist's evaluation.

I would contact the clinics in Kihei as well as your insurance company and give them all the details- and see what they suggest. Good luck!

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Physical Therapy Place near Kihei

"…from Maui Chest Medicine but I do think they are affiliated in any way"

That should read "…I do NOT think they are affiliated…"

4. Re: Physical Therapy Place near Kihei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 18, 2009