We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change of Plans I am looking for the BEST place on Maui

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Change of Plans I am looking for the BEST place on Maui

Hi we want the best pools for 3 kids. Slides, waterfalls, the Beaches. we want the best of the best. Forget the budget. We have decided to go all out and we need help decided where that is. It's our 10th wedding annv. and we are bringing the whole family. I trust this site and I am looking forward to hearing your feedback. Sincerily, Mary

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Change of Plans I am looking for the BEST place on Maui

Probably the Grand Wailea for a family, I prefer The Hyatt on Kaanapali beach for location but kids change everything.

Kihei, HI
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Change of Plans I am looking for the BEST place on Maui

If my memory serves right, the Marriot in Kaanapali has a heck of a pool system complete with waterfalls, bridges and a water slide.

Just google: Maui waterslides - or something to at least get you started.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Change of Plans I am looking for the BEST place on Maui

I am just back from Maui and I was out to avoid kids so I think I can help, I really did some reverse research then saw for myself.

The Hyatt (we stayed here) has a small pool area for kids with sand and a single slide.

I think the Marriot looked tacky but kid-like, there were red and yellow plastic slides which I think I see in people's yards around here. Tiny pool and nothing special.

The Westin: totally devoted to kids. I saw hundreds of them there, and changed my reservation from here once I read up. Because of the timeshares, this has become the family oasis. The pool is all kid friendly, no undergound bars or adult only pools here. It is all for them and they loved it! We used to stay here and a lovely little boutique by the pool where I used to by overpriced swimming suits is now a pretty fun looking kid store and one of the bars now only sells kid refreshments. I had a shaved ice with them, smiled at their fun and thanked heaven I stayed away. The Westin is by far the best beach on Kanapali as well, with every activity available as well. I must say I was jealous of that.

Cali
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Change of Plans I am looking for the BEST place on Maui

Grand Wailea for the best pools in Maui, including a water elevator and great beach, but far from Lahaina. Westin for best beach and pool in Kaanapali. I prefer the Westin because you can stroll down the beautiful path in Kaanapali beach at night, right next door to shopping and a quick drive to Lahaina.

Cali
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Change of Plans I am looking for the BEST place on Maui

Oh yeah, Hyatt pools are also nice, but you have to walk a short distance for a better beach area.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Change of Plans I am looking for the BEST place on Maui

The pools at Grand Wailea are ultra-kid friendly and can't be beat!

Keeps them busy for hours!

Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Change of Plans I am looking for the BEST place on Maui

Grand Wailea for sure! The BEST pools on the island and a great beach too! With the Hyatt you do not get both since there is not much of a beach. Plus, if budget is no object now, the Grand Wailea is a luxurious resort that has something for everyone. You will enjoy one of the best Spas on the island as well as the beautiful Wailea area and the kids will not want to leave the pool. I have stayed there with my family and with my significant other and both times we had a blast. Happy Anniversary!

CA
Level Contributor
59 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Change of Plans I am looking for the BEST place on Maui

Grand Wailea hand's down. The resort is on Wailea beach, which is beautiful and will satisfy kids and adults. Your kids will love the pools and, once you slide down the largest water slide, you will too. Plus GW is a five star resort, so you will find all of the grownup amenities you want -- and then some.

Alabama
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Change of Plans I am looking for the BEST place on Maui

Best pools? Hands down the Grand Wailea. I have a friend who has 3 children and they go every year and stay there for that reason alone. My hubby and I stayed at the Fairmont Kea Lani, and the kids' pool looked great, but I've heard the Grand has the one with the water elevator and has water slides and unbelievable pools. If that's what you are after, that's the place!

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Change of Plans I am looking for the BEST place on Maui

Grand Wailea has my vote also!! Been there twice!! Fantastic pools and lots of different things to do at the pools. Amazing!! Kids will love it!!