We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Theresa Orthodox Chrisitian Services dress attire?

richmond, bc
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
St. Theresa Orthodox Chrisitian Services dress attire?

I was wondering if anyone has been to services at St. Theresa Church. There is a monthly orthodox christian divine liturgy that my mother would like to attend while we are there. This may seem like a strange question but I'm wondering if anyone would know what the general dress attire is? At our church here at home, people get quite dressed up and only recently in the last few years have ladies started wearing pants to church although the elderly still frown upon it. I've found with every church it's a little bit different. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
51,156 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Theresa Orthodox Chrisitian Services dress attire?

Like most of Maui, even the churches are pretty casual. For high holidays or more orthodox services, women will generally wear dresses or skirts, but tropical/easy designs. Men will often wear slacks, khakis or something similar. Women do also wear pants, but long ones (not capris or something).

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,108 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Theresa Orthodox Chrisitian Services dress attire?

I was there for Mass in May of last year. I wore a skirt, but there were women in muu muus, and pants, and slippahs. The church has fans, and the windows are strategically placed to catch the breeze.

3. Re: St. Theresa Orthodox Chrisitian Services dress attire?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 31, 2014