We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August trip

Eastern Ontario
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Topic
August trip

We are a 55 year old couple looking to find a place to stay with a kitchen for August. We would like to be directly on the beach and do not need a resort necessarily. Thought I had settled on Sugar Beach Resort but just realized it was in the "north" and very windy, and we would like to be in the south. We would like to be able to swim, but we have a rental car and also want to explore and hike. Please, any suggestions would be so helpful, right now I am overwhelmed! Thank you.

Maui
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: August trip

Nicely put ChiSue. They have been closing the Cove Park about 8:00 pm. My friend lives across the street at Shores of Maui and she said it has gotten much much better. Not the late parties that use to go on down there.

Eastern Ontario
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: August trip

Wow, now I really just wish someone would decide for me.

So, one more time I ask for all your assistance.

We are looking for a budget of $$, not luxury but more than budget.

HAS to have a oceanfront, that is, a wonderful view from the lanai (absolutely love that word).

Really would prefer a place ON the beach, because we are very much beach people.

Do not need all the amenities of a resort, in fact would prefer something smaller and quieter.

Have rented a car and want to travel the island, so something not so far out. However, I realize how small the island is so I am assuming most is doable.

We probably wil eat in maore often, on our wonderful lanai.

Thank you ALL so much.

Maui
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: August trip

You said you want a small complex, go with Punahoa. They don't have a pool either. Might consider Hale Kai O' Kihei. It does not sit on a swimmable beach, but every unit is ocean front. It caters more to adults. I use to stay there before we moved to Maui. You can park the car right by your door and it was very quiet there. Only 3 stories.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,625 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: August trip

Hale Kai O has some good reviews tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60632-d87242-R…

Eastern Ontario
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: August trip

Thanks so much everyone, just booked Sugar Beach resort. Got a very good deal $99.00 a night, and that kind of made the decision for us!

Now we have to figure out where to stay in Hana, any ideas?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,366 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: August trip

This thread is a little old but still has some good ideas in it for places to stay in Hana. Congrats on the booking!!

tripadvisor.com/…25497669

Maui
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: August trip

Start a new thread for Hana and I will tell you about where I stayed for 2 nights.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
25,199 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: August trip

Luana Spa Retreat! It is a yurt, overlooking Hana Bay. Not as cheap as Sugar Beach, that is for sure! $150.00 a night if you stay two nights, I think it is 170.00 if you just stay one night.

We stayed there for one night in May of 2012. Very quiet there.

19. Re: August trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 24, 2014