We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving in Kihei Thursday! any itinerary suggestions?

Colorado
Level Contributor
23 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving in Kihei Thursday! any itinerary suggestions?

I dont think I will be able to sleep tonight, kind of like a kid before Christmas Eve! We will be in Kihei for 9 nights and 10 days. Does anyone have any suggestions of "don't miss" things in Maui? We will have a car and are staying at Kamaole Sands. We are 48 and 54 years old and in relatively "good" shape to hike, snorkel , etc. We love the water, love to eat, and love to sight see. We had our honeymoon here 29 years ago! But I am sure it has changed since then, any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
242 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Arriving in Kihei Thursday! any itinerary suggestions?

Waste a half day on the Quicksilver catamaran. Very impressive boat. About 85 a piece with breaky and light lunch. Free beer. You will love it. Maybe a 6 hour effort, and you should see whales, turtles, dolphins, and get to snorkel. Inland is Makawao. We were lost twice, and found ourselves there. Like driving into the 60's and cheapest gas on Maui. I wouldn't waste a long day on the rd. to Hana. Wait until you have more time. Moose's, not far from you has a great happy hour, and good food. The Butt Wall across from Moose and Freds is great for sunsets. Take your bevvies with you. All the people on the wall are so fantastic, sharing their daily events, or lack of events, like lying on the beach. Rent a pair of bikes(up grade to mountain bike style with hand brakes, not a glider, as they refer to the big clunky things) I miss Kihei so much. Darn! You are pretty much smack dab where we were in December. Lucky people!

Colorado
Level Contributor
23 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Arriving in Kihei Thursday! any itinerary suggestions?

Thanks reggie44! I can't believe we missed a happy hour next door at mooses! what is the butt wall? Sounds intersting! I am online now checking to see is I can book again in October, no whales but 1/2 price rooms compared to February. We might not even rent a car this time, just get the bikes to get our few little groceries, etc. and just hang out in kihei, my favorite place :)

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Arriving in Kihei Thursday! any itinerary suggestions?

Butt wall is a concrete wall at the beach across the street from Fred's. It's where people set their butts to watch whales or sunset if they don't want to sit on the sand.

Carlsbad, California
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Arriving in Kihei Thursday! any itinerary suggestions?

We're heading for Maui 4/7; 45th anniv All your comments have heightened the excitement as we've not been there to stay for many years. What about hiking (easy to moderate)? Trips to the outer islands? Kayaks?

25. Re: Arriving in Kihei Thursday! any itinerary suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 31, 2014