We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Kihei a good place to stay for honeymoon?

Elgin, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Is Kihei a good place to stay for honeymoon?

We're on a budget of around 3000 flight/hotel/car, and in doing research, kihei (more south towards lahaina) seems to be a nice area. What are your comments regarding this area?

South Dakota
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Kihei a good place to stay for honeymoon?

South end of Kihei would be ideal. Near Wailea but without the expense. VRBO.com and others offer condos for the price of hotels. I am planning to stay at the Maui Kamaole for 150 a night next winter. 3-star condo with beautiful grounds. There are many great condos in the area and would fit your budget. TripAdvisor.com gives you reviews of many hotels and Condos. Give it a shot.... you will be happy you did. Whatever you decide.... all the best! Noel

South Dakota
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Kihei a good place to stay for honeymoon?

Hope I am not too late but yes, Kihei can save a lot of money and if you stay toward the South end you can enjoy very comfortable surroundings. VRBO.com offers condos that are very comfortable in that area without the great expense of high end hotels. (Although there may be honeymoon specials at many hotels that you may wish to check out.) TripAdvisor.com offers reviews and prices for both condos and hotels on Maui. Once again, Kihei worked well for us when we were there but I would stay on the south end. I am planning to stay at the Maui Kamaole condo this Winter for 150 plus a night. (Within your budget?) Have a great honeymoon. Noel

South Dakota
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Kihei a good place to stay for honeymoon?

Sorry for the double post. Did not think it cleared the first time.