We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

deep sea fishing

Edmonton
Level Contributor
159 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
deep sea fishing

Have started reading reviews regarding fishing charters and the majority do not seem overly positive. Does anyone have recommendations?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: deep sea fishing

Captain Fuzzy from Die Hard. In lahaina. My husband went on a private charter and he can't wait to go again. It was his dream fishing trip.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: deep sea fishing

We also went with Captain Fuzzy on the Die Hard....5 years later my husband still talks about that fishing trip.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
52,492 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: deep sea fishing

Aloha,

Fuzzy is the only boat I rec anymore. If you get skunked, it won't be for lack of effort on his and his crew's part. Be warned he leaves VERY early, like 2-3 AM.

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: deep sea fishing

The Die Hard with Fuzzy is the boat that I would go on. I have tried a few others with considerably LESS success.

The Die Hard leaves much earlier out of Lahaina than the others, they are more expensive, they fish hard and serious, but they are also the MOST successful.

Their reputation on the island is the best

Edited: 1:03 pm, December 29, 2012
Brookfield...
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: deep sea fishing

Is Diehard still operating? I tried emailing and phone messages without response.

Ponce Inlet, Florida
Level Contributor
139 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: deep sea fishing

Try 808-344-5051 or 808-633-4324. I am booked with them next week. I went down to check out their catches when I was in Maui last and it seemed like they did well each of the days that I was there. I also based by booking off the good reviews on TA. They have never led me astray.

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: deep sea fishing

Ok will try again. Maybe they are booked up, We are hoping to get out next week as well.

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: deep sea fishing

Looks like we will be going out with the Diehard on the Tenth on a share. Just need two more shares to go. Anyone want to go?

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: deep sea fishing

Let us know how the fishing goes...

If I were there on the island now, I would jump at that chance to share the trip.... so would my brother-in-law.

We hope to be able to go out with Fuzzy when we are there at the end of July into August.

10. Re: deep sea fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 07, 2014