We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed in condo P403 at the Maui Banyan?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed in condo P403 at the Maui Banyan?

Hello,

Just curious if there is anyone out there who has stayed in this particular condo. It's on Homeaway (#320984). Looks great on the web. There are comments but nothing very recent. Some feedback such as ammenities - boogie boards, beach towels, coolers, general condition of the condo would be greatly appreciated. We have stayed in the condo complex previously and love the location and spacious condo, lanai space.

paramount Ca.
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed in condo P403 at the Maui Banyan?

If it is this address- 2575 South Kihei Road, Unit # P403 @ Maui Banyan Resort, Kihei, HI 96753 & owned by Grant,. Yes we suffered through 1 week of a 2 week vacation there. We moved to a resort at great expense to salvage our vacation. He said he has a good lawyer & will not refund our 2nd week, we will see how good he is. The acoustic ceiling was flaking off & the alleged new couch was filthy & uncomfortable, painted over pealing paint & floor tiles that were installed by Mickey Mouse. The worst part was the AC was set up on a 2 hour timer!! It's hot & every 2 hours you have to get out of bed, walk into living room & turn on timer!! Grant thought that was normal for someone on VACATION!! Owner Grant said if I didn't like it I could buy my own condo. He wants to save money & could care less about the comfort of his visitors.,

Would not recommend anything owned by this guy.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
226 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed in condo P403 at the Maui Banyan?

Then why doesn't Homeaway remove him from their system? If he is a rotten as you portray, he should be gone. If Grant screwd my vacation in Maui, to the extent Oblomar explains, I am afraid Grant wouldn't need a lawyer, good or bad. Married, arn't you glad you finally got a reply? I hope you have not sent this shyster any money towards what sounds like pure hell!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed in condo P403 at the Maui Banyan?

Better late than never, lol. Thanks for the feedback ob1. Just curious how recently you stayed there? Are you legally bound to not trash this guy?? I am very surprised that there are no negative reviews by other renters anywhere to be found. This condo is advertized on several sites and there were no negative reviews to be found on this particular unit/manager!! I searched for any negatives on this particular unit before booking it, paying my deposit and payment in full(!!). If it such a poor unit and the owner/manager are so cheap and difficult then why are there no warnings to others out there?? I see this condo is fully booked right into April 2013 so to me that was a good sign. Reggie, thanks too for the advice, I thought Homeaway was a pretty safe bet but now I wonder... I will hope for the best, cross my fingers. 2 hour timer on AC??!!! That's crazy. I can live with certain things like worn furniture, sand in the patio doors making it a challenge to close but minimal AC is another story.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,854 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stayed in condo P403 at the Maui Banyan?

I don't know if this is a good unit or not, I have no dog in this fight. Do want you to know that Maui has the highest electric rates in the United States. I'm sure that is why the a/c is on a timer. The majority of places don't even have a/c.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone stayed in condo P403 at the Maui Banyan?

Good point msfuzz. Thanks for the feedback, good or bad, much appreciated.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,984 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone stayed in condo P403 at the Maui Banyan?

<<" I thought Homeaway was a pretty safe bet but now I wonder...">>

Homeaway is just an advertising medium and not an agency that checks to make sure rentals are up to a certain standard. If there are serious problems, it's worth bringing it to their attention and if they feel it's warranted, they'll remove the listing.

Hopefully your stay there will be a good one and that you'll come away with the same positive feelings that others have expressed in their reviews. If there are any issues, be sure to contact the owner/manager right away to see if they can resolve the problem for you.

Niwot, Colorado
Level Contributor
92 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone stayed in condo P403 at the Maui Banyan?

Aloha! I can't speak to the particulars on the actual condo, but can tell you this... I own a different unit at Maui Banyan, and also advertise on HomeAway. I know another owner that was removed from VRBO/HomeAway because of multiple complaints. I also know my electric bill is CRAZY HIGH and I recently added a 4 hour timer. I struggled with the decision, but had to do something. A lot of folks on vacation completely forget about the fact that wasting energy is just wrong. On the upside, night temps on Maui tend to be very comfortable, and I sleep with the lanai doors open and a/c off. Perfectly comfortable, usually. I hope your trip is amazing and your concerns are unfounded! Aloha!!

8. Re: Anyone stayed in condo P403 at the Maui Banyan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, December 15, 2013