We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Beach Vacation Club Timeshare/Maui Beach Resort

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Alberta...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Maui Beach Vacation Club Timeshare/Maui Beach Resort

This property is managed as a timeshare but we met people who rented daily/weekly through other companies. There are very few posts about this place so I thought I would share my experiences.

First of all we were lucky to get two units (C206 and C506) and both were 2 bedrooms. We traded timeshare property. Our group was aged 13, 14, 18, 20 plus 5 adults.

The units are very nice and the kitchens are fully equipped for cooking and baking with dishes for 12. This is great because you don’t have to do dishes so often. Plastic pool cups are also provided.

They supply a 12 cup coffee maker with coffee filters, paper towel, dish soap, dishwasher powder, laundry soap (1 time use), shampoo/conditioner, soap, toilet paper, iron and ironing board. Bring fabric softener sheets (Bounce). Washer and dryer also provided in each unit. Free local telephone calls.

There are also beach towels provided for you to use aside from your bath towels. This was nice so you did not have to haul beach towels from home.

All 3 styles of beds (1 king, 2 twins & 1 queen sofa bed) were very comfortable, including the sofa bed which was one of the most comfortable one we’ve used. Each sleeping area has a ceiling fan which is quiet.

I know that a/c is an issue but you really shouldn’t worry about it. This was a big concern for me and I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable it was at night. The trade winds are so breezy that the room is not hot at night. If you are a light sleeper, you may have troubles because there are occasionally noisy birds.

Most reviews suggest requesting an upper floor, this is true. The lower floors do not have the best view. The two bedroom units are on either end of the main building as well as a four-plex on the south side and if you have a lower unit, unfortunately you will only have a view of the building in front of you. If you have a one bedroom unit, your lower view is of the pool and the ocean in the distance which is quite nice.

The lower two bedroom rooms will have noise bounce off the walls of the building so that may be unpleasant if you have inconsiderate guests who play their TV loud at night. To be cautious you may wish to bring ear plugs. Also, the sprinkler systems are loud. They go off in the night so once again if you are a light sleeper, it may wake you. However, we found some nights they went off frequently and other nights only once in the early evening around 9pm.

The pool is very refreshing. Older reviews complained about the temperature – it is in the sun a lot during the day (in August) and we found it great. By 9:30am the sun was shining on it. We loved the pool that was 3’ to 8’ - lots of fun to play in. All the newer resorts have shallow pools - probably to avoid the liability of no lifeguard. Our family loved the deep pool. It was very clean and always very refreshing. There is a hot tub which we found very clean and great to use in the evening and to visit with other guests relaxing at the end of the day. There is a tap and hose to rinse off sand before you enter your unit if you’ve been at the beach. The BBQ’s also are close by to grill your dinners. All in all we were very impressed with the pool area with lounge chairs & tables. Very clean and well maintained.

The internet cost was $42/week and the connection was good for hooking up a single windows laptop with an Ethernet connection (there is no wireless connection for multiple devices).

The location is great, close to shopping, beaches, restaurants but you must have a car. The beach in front of the unit is nice with a few rocks but not where I would spend the day. It’s great for a quick dip in the ocean but otherwise there are spectacular beaches only minutes away that I would recommend that you take the very short drive south to enjoy. (Makena Beach or Po’olenalena Beach).

There is a resort bar and sushi restaurant on site too.

This area of the island is also less windy than up in Kaanapali. We stayed an extra week there and were constantly being blown away. Kihei is much calmer. Keep in mind this property is older and not a 5 star but it absolutely a wonderful place to stay. Also, I have no connections to this property and I am not an owner so my opinion is unbiased.

1. Re: Maui Beach Vacation Club Timeshare/Maui Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 12, 2013