We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kihei vs. Kaanapali

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Kihei vs. Kaanapali

Now that I am having to start my search over for lodging, my better half suggested Kihei as an additional place to look for a condo.

I've never been there ... can anyone tell me the differences between the two area? Are the beaches good/nice in Kihei? How far of a drive is it to Kaanapali?

Thank you SO much.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,070 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Kihei vs. Kaanapali

Part of what you say may be true scott but really, south Kihei Rd a highway? What would Piilani be? A super speedway?

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
279 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Kihei vs. Kaanapali

I hear ya Scott! It is a highway in Hawaii terms.

Edited: 8:19 pm, September 04, 2012
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,979 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Kihei vs. Kaanapali

Ahhh, the continued debate! To be honest I think peacenik nailed it...it depends on your past experience and expectations. For us we enjoy the quieter north side of Black Rock on Kaanapali Beach as well as the areas to the north of that...not ALL of the area was a planned resort!

We really like having easy access to Lahaina and Whaler's Village but being able to retreat to our lanai.

For many of us the in-your-face ocean views are important, for others it's the snorkeling. We have found a great mix on West Maui!

We don't cross any roads to get to the beach either~It's right there in all it's glory!

Another point about perceptions...time of year always shades first time vistor's ideas. Yes the weather and ocean conditions DO change...just not as drastically as some say.

We're on West Maui every year in the winter months and my crew snorkels virtually every morning!

24. Re: Kihei vs. Kaanapali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kihei
Recent Conversations