We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a nice 2BR, 2 BA in Kihei...

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
816 posts
302 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a nice 2BR, 2 BA in Kihei...

As the title says, I'm looking for the nicest complex I can find in Kihei. What's your favorite?

I've been to Maui 5-7 times and usually stay farther north but stayed at the Wailea Marriott once as well. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the Kihei "clutter" but we're going with nabors who are on a stricter budget. They have never been to Maui. I know there's really nice condos in Kihei but really don't know where to start as the number of available units on VRBO is overwhelming.

We'll be there in November and will have (2) cars if that makes any difference.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a nice 2BR, 2 BA in Kihei...

We are going in Feb and were unable to get into Kamaole Sands, a very popular condo - hence no availability for our dates. A colleague has stayed there for several years and loves it as do others from my workplace. Check it out on VRBO and good luck!

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a nice 2BR, 2 BA in Kihei...

Kam Sands is fine, but take a look at Maui Kamaole for a more Wailea feel with Kihei rates and convenience. The 2/2's are upstairs townhomes - spacious, lovely grounds, and three lanai's.

Kihei clutter - well ok, not knowing where you have stayed makes it tough. We like Maalaaea Surf also, has a definite atmosphere of 'ahhhh', but at the opposite end of town. Many like Kihei Surfside, no air conditioning, but a nice spot just on the edge of Wailea/Kihei.

There are many properties that fall into the nice category - budget is a factor and that would be helpful to know. Lots to choose from, but could use more details/

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,122 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a nice 2BR, 2 BA in Kihei...

You will like Kihei better if your back is to the strip malls and your front is directly on the ocean. Look at the oceanfront complexes. Don't judge by the building's older exterior; many of the units have been highly upgraded.

Places on my short list in South Kihei would include Royal Mauian, Hale Pau Hana, Hale Hui Kai. I've stayed at all three and loved the easy access to great beaches. Also, don't limit yourself to vrbo. Most of the units at HPH and HHK are centrally managed. Photos of units are on their websites:

www.hphresort.com

www.halehuikai.com

North Kihei is less expensive, so your budget info might spur ideas in that area. My budget is more modest than it used to be so these days I stay in No. Kihei or Maalaea. Both are further from Wailea, however... in distance and in style.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,227 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a nice 2BR, 2 BA in Kihei...

Many beachfront condos are older, with smaller units. People have enjoyed Hale Pau Hana, Kihei Surfside, and Mana Kai Maui in Kihei. In Wailea are Ekahi and Elua in the moderate price range, up through Polo Beach Club, Wailea Beach Villas, Makena Surf.

Across from the Kamaole beach parks in South Kihei, the only 3-star is Maui Kamaole. Just across the border in Wailea are The Palms and Grand Champions -- both above the beaches, both on golf courses.

I like this site for South Maui condos: www.mauiownercondos.com The manager has vetted the units before accepting an ad.

BTW, we own at Maui Kamaole. (Not the 2BR you want.) You'd choose from true 2BR's there that are townhome-style or 1 BR Plus Den units that are ground floor units. All MK units have two bathrooms; smallest 1 BR has 1000 sq ft of living area.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,122 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a nice 2BR, 2 BA in Kihei...

Correction for Hale Hui Kai's website:

www.halehuikaimaui.com

The best units are oceanfront...larger, better views, but more $$.

Some of the side units have no view. Saving grace is just steps from lovely Keawakapu Beach.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,612 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a nice 2BR, 2 BA in Kihei...

Great advise, can't think of any to add.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
816 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a nice 2BR, 2 BA in Kihei...

Thanks for all the help. Betweeen the answers on here and other posts, I'm plenty busy!!

Whittier
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a nice 2BR, 2 BA in Kihei...

We stayed at the Aston Maui Banyan, I asked for the remodel rooms. Great experience for us.

9. Re: Looking for a nice 2BR, 2 BA in Kihei...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 30, 2013