We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui coast hotel of Maui Prince?

Kailua, Hawai'i
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Maui coast hotel of Maui Prince?

Ok, I have to get some input, PLEASE! I need to choose between these two hotels. I got a quote for $150 a night at the Maui Coast, and $178 a night for the Maui Prince. Is it a big difference and if so, is it smart to pay that extra to stay at the Prince? PLEASE HELP ME! I have lived on O'ahu my whole life and this will be, believe it or not, my first time on Maui. We are going for my cousin's wedding want to stay at a nice place, not just some roach motel. Please help me if you have ever stayed at any of these properties. Wedding is in Kihei, so from what I understand these two hotels are in that area. Thanks!!

Chicago...
Level Contributor
831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui coast hotel of Maui Prince?

I'm not sure about the Maui Coast Hotel, but the Maui Prince is a pretty nice place. It is about a ten to fifteen minute drive to Kihei.

washington state
Level Contributor
547 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui coast hotel of Maui Prince?

IMHO the maui prince is the better choice. The Coast is right in Kihei but across the main hwy from the beach and with limited views. The Prince is right on the beach and further south (but not far) from Kihei.

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui coast hotel of Maui Prince?

Nalani, I have stayed at both and would spend the extra money to stay at the Prince. Like the previous poster mentioned, it is right on the beach. Beautiful grounds too!

folsom
Level Contributor
90 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui coast hotel of Maui Prince?

Nalani,

Can I ask where you were able to find a rate of $178/night, that is an excellent rate for the Maui Prince.

Thanks,

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,137 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui coast hotel of Maui Prince?

Stay at the Maui Prince. That's a deal.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,522 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui coast hotel of Maui Prince?

And while you are at the Maui Prince don't miss the Sunday brunch. Delicious and so many choices!

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui coast hotel of Maui Prince?

Maui Prince , hands down. Have fun at the wedding and on Maui.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui coast hotel of Maui Prince?

I am going to be staying at the Prince next month, does anyone have any tips for me? Anything you learned while you were there and wished you would have known from the beginning?

Chicago...
Level Contributor
831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui coast hotel of Maui Prince?

Tip one is avoid the Japanese buffet. The sushi itself was good, but it was not included in the buffet. It is overpriced and the quality wasn't there.

The other tip is to make sure to drive about 10 minutes south to Big Beach. It is one of the most incredible beaches on the island.

Kailua, Hawai'i
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maui coast hotel of Maui Prince?

Thanks for the advice!

Unfortunately, for the person who wanted to know where I got that rate from, it was right on the website, but it was a Kamaaina rate. So unless you live in Hawaii, you don't qualify for it, sorry!

I think that we will spend the extra $30 a day for the Maui Prince.

One more question though, does anyone know how far it is to Wailea? I ask this because I think the wedding is in Wailea instead of Kihei?