We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best shave ice in Kihei/Wailea?

Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best shave ice in Kihei/Wailea?

On a quest to sample shave ice daily during our trip. Since Ululani's Kihei location may not be open while we're there, what are other recommendations for the best shave ice in South Maui? Especially ones that use natural flavors, like Ululani's?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,483 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best shave ice in Kihei/Wailea?

The only one I know of is Local Boy's which is across the street from Kalama Park. Since I've never eaten shave ice, I can't recommend for or against!!

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best shave ice in Kihei/Wailea?

there is also Surfing Monkeys in the same area. the best?? cant really say. if you find the shave ice truck in Kihei its not that good but any kid will disagree with the gummy bears and chupa chup added to the shave ice.

we like vanila and Li Hing Mui mixed, if you want to try something different on your daily quest sample this one.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best shave ice in Kihei/Wailea?

I tried the local boys in Kihei..... I will just say if I want shave ice I will drive all over the island for Ululani's and will not visit any other.

If you want a snow cone type shave ice, any will do.

Nothing compares to Ululani's because most do not make their syrups from scratch.

Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best shave ice in Kihei/Wailea?

It's the homemade syrups that I was looking forward to. We'll watch for Ululani's when we're out and about but were hoping to have one handy to wailea for sudden urges. We'll see what we can find - and are open to suggestions!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best shave ice in Kihei/Wailea?

One in Kahului easy to reach when leaving the airport....a great first stop (or 2nd if you go to Costco).

One in Lahaina.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best shave ice in Kihei/Wailea?

Local boys across the street from Kalama Park is great. We go there for shave ice just about everyday when we visit Maui. They also have a location right across the street from the Banyan tree in Lahaina. You can get ice cream at the bottom, and be sure to ask for their creamer to top it off.

7. Re: Best shave ice in Kihei/Wailea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, May 28, 2013