We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kehei- romantic hidden spots

hollywood
4 posts
Save Topic
kehei- romantic hidden spots

are there any cool secret hidden spots near the water where my fiance and I could have some private time alone?

Salt Lake City, Ut.
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: kehei- romantic hidden spots

LOL!! That's true, I never thought about it that way.

Alberta
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: kehei- romantic hidden spots

So Macattack I have to ask you... why dont you vacation in Kihei?

Obviously a lot of people love Kihei and I think that's great, it's just not my idea of paradise. I truly believe if they dont stop the uncontrolled building of condo on top of condo, without proper planning and designated green/park areas, that not only Kihei is going to suffer worse than it has already, but the very island will just become one continues strip of hotels, condos and malls. Thats what made me so sad to see what has happened in Kihei after not being there for over 20 yrs.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,668 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: kehei- romantic hidden spots

They will stop building...there is only so much water to go around and when people have to fork over a couple bucks a gallon to flush the toilet the building boom will be over...

socal
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: kehei- romantic hidden spots

Simple reason: The in-laws live in Wailea...

Level Contributor
867 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: kehei- romantic hidden spots

Dear Romantics....if you find what you are looking for in

"Greater Kihei"...you would be the Capt Cooks of our times...try the forbidden southside of the island.... or possibly anything over 3000ft elevation.....or the northside perhaps. Kihei's large tourist population can be anything but private and respectful of others...eg... the individuals on the beaches, who need "to take" or make that "very important phone call". Yes, why would you want to hear the ocean, when you can listen to someone talking into his hand instead ? Romantics, "Greater Kihei" would of probably been your holy grail perhaps in the 1960's. Lots o Luk