We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Boss Frog's Store

Tahiti, French...
Level Contributor
49 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Maui Boss Frog's Store

Hi everyone,

I was looking for a snorkelling trip to do while in Maui, I found the Maui Classis Charters which seems great, although too expensive, as we are on budget.

Then, while I was browsing the net, I found Boss Frog's Store, and their deal is to rent snorkelling gear for one week, and get one free snorkelling tour (of course we have a small amount to pay for our food I guess).

I wanted to know if anyone already did that ? renting gear to get a free snorkelling tour? is there a catch?

Did you have to book in advance? They do not specified if the tour is going in the morning or in the afternoon.

We've never been to Maui before :s

Thank you!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,939 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Boss Frog's Store

That catch is they do take you out in the afternoon. That is when the winds pick up and the sea is choppy. Makes for lousy snorkeling. The food is hot dogs and soda which you do have to purchase. I wouldn't waste my money on this. If you can't afford a catamaran, save your money and snorkel from shore. It would be much more enjoyable.

Tahiti, French...
Level Contributor
49 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Boss Frog's Store

msfuzz you're so great! and you seem to know a lot!!! I should have asked you before organizing my trip !

I found that one maui-vacation.net/reservations/maui-molokini…

what do you think? For me it's right in the middle of not too expensive, and not that cheap, so there should not be a catch.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,939 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Boss Frog's Store

I've heard good things about Quicksilver, never used them though. Try looking up Mahana Naia, means twin dolphins. They are a small outfit, very local and their boat isn't the prettiest in the bunch, but they have always shown me a good time and also good food.

4. Re: Maui Boss Frog's Store

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, February 26, 2013