We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kamole Sands (building 7 unit 109)

Vancouver
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Kamole Sands (building 7 unit 109)

Anyone stayed in Kamaole Sands building 7 unit 109 recently? We are looking to book it for the March time, but having some concerns given all the comments about every unit at Kamaole Sands being somewhat random. Also, anyone with experience booking through www.kamaolesands.com site? Just want to protect ourselves in our first vacation to Maui.

Mentioned in this post
Kamaole Sands
Kamaole Sands
988 Reviews
Maui, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kamole Sands (building 7 unit 109)

Don't know about the unit itself, but this unit being on the ground floor in building #7, the location of the unit is pretty good.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kamole Sands (building 7 unit 109)

We will be staying in Kamaole Sands 7-410 in March for the fourth straight year. The unit you are looking at is just below ours, on the first floor as the previous poster noted. We really love the complex; the location is great and the property really well kept. I have not been in 7-109, but the photos on the kamaolesand.com look as if the kitchen has been redone and it looks quite nice. I think most of the negative comments are for units which have not been updated. We have not booked through the Kamaole Sands website, we have gone directly through the owner. I am assuming you will be guaranteed that unit. Hope that helps. Give us a wave if you are there in March!

Mentioned in this post
Kamaole Sands
Kamaole Sands
988 Reviews
Maui, HI
alberta
Level Contributor
237 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kamole Sands (building 7 unit 109)

We stayed in building 6 a few months , unit 201. It's very close to 7-109. It's a really good location in the complex. The greenery is beautiful there, no road noise and you're fairly close to the pool (but far enough away to not have too much noise from the pool). You're also close to BBQs.

Have a look at the units on vrbo.com before booking. When I was looking, it seemed to me that there was quite an upcharge when using a management company. If you book a unit directly from the owner through vrbo, you can pick your unit, see lots of photos and see feedback from previous renters, plus you're cutting out the middle man. The Kamaole Sands property is kept in beautiful condition and the location is excellent. There are lots of lovely remodelled units there. But there are some individual units that are in bad shape there... you want to make sure you know what you're getting.

Mentioned in this post
Kamaole Sands
Kamaole Sands
988 Reviews
Maui, HI
4. Re: Kamole Sands (building 7 unit 109)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, January 11, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kihei
Recent Conversations