We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing and SOP Lessons in Kihei area

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
280 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Surfing and SOP Lessons in Kihei area

I have researched and found what appears to be two local companies based out of the Kihei area.

Both have good TA reviews, although I would generally like to see more reviews. All those that did review appear happy with their experience.

My question is should I base my decision on more than rates and availability? If I simply used the TA ratings either company should meet my needs.

I have sent an email to both companies. Waves Hawaii did not list their rates on the website.

Is there anything else I should be considering?

Hawaiian Paddle Sports
Scuba & Snorkeling, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Surf Yoga Maui
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Waves Hawaii Surf School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Surf Club Maui
Gear Rentals, Lessons & Workshops, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,005 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Surfing and SOP Lessons in Kihei area

Thank you very much SW. She is an extremely special girl and she has rarely lost her beautiful smile through all of this. She has more strength than I and 20 people I know. It was a wonderful honor her parents are letting us show her Maui. We will be taking her and her best friend who just had their Sweet 16 where over 200 kids attended. She has already mentioned wanting to check out boys so I gotta put on my daddy hat also. I only have sons so this is going to be fun. LOL

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
280 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Surfing and SOP Lessons in Kihei area

Hello DreaminofMaui, I am sure your trip will truly be special.

For what it is worth I called both Beach Boys and MWR today. Lets just say MWR was very professional and helpful, JB at Beach Boys was, well let just say not very professional and rough around the edges. MWR has a bunch of trailers and mobile office set up on Kihei road.

Beach Boys sounded like he worked from a trailer that he would pull around and set up temporary location. Certainly has a lot of good reviews.

For me first impressions say a lot, I will be going with MWR. JB couldn't even remember what the prices were and said he would give us a 'deal' off the web price.

YMMV as I am not sure if JB was actually giving instructions or just the guy answering his mobile phone.

I really hope your visit is as special as ours has been!

Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
63,693 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Surfing and SOP Lessons in Kihei area

Aloha, Interesting, Ratnrol.........I agree, it almost sounds like it wasn't the same fellow Dreamin talked to.

Dreamin, just practice the "Evil Eye" lots before arrival, LOL.

What a special thing, in all seriousness......she sounds like quite an example to her peers.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Surfing and SOP Lessons in Kihei area

I had a great time at www.bigkahunaadventures.com/surfmaui.html. It was me and my 5 year old daughter. She rocked, I had a bit more trouble, but it was a great outfit.

15. Re: Surfing and SOP Lessons in Kihei area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 16, 2013
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now