We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kihei beaches

Victoria B.C.
12 posts
Save Topic
Kihei beaches

My wife and I will be in Kihei this March.

When we were there last year alot of the sand had been washed out to sea by storms.

Have they fully recovered?

S.F. Bay Area...
Level Contributor
202 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kihei beaches

I have some friends that just returned from Kihei about two weeks ago. There were several back to back storms while they were there, very high surf and lots of rain. They stayed on Kamaole II beach, and the beach was virtually gone during the storms. On their last couple of days, the storms cleared out and the tides receded. They were surprised to find that the beach was just about back to normal. The weather was better in Ka'anapali, so the beaches there were fine, but I find that most are too narrow in that area anyway, unless you go to the Black Rock area by the Sheraton.

My family and I have been visiting Maui pretty regular over the last several years and usually when one area of beaches gets washed out, you are able to find another great beach fairly close by.

Enjoy your trip and I hope you have a great time. My wife and I will be headed that way in April. Looking forward to it!

Kihei, HI
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kihei beaches

Brah, you're right about last year--worst washout I've seen at

Kam One Beach....We live across street from Kam One and we think this year is much less severe, much more

sand...last year we had trouble finding dry sand...this year,

still plenty....of course, a big story coulllllld hit but think youll

at least have better beaches than last year....

See you on the beach, chuckle....look for the tattoos...both

of us....

Alberta
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kihei beaches

Just got back this week and all the beaches in Kihea look great. If you didnt know there was a storm you wouldnt be the wiser.

Missoula, MT
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kihei beaches

Just got back from Kihei the other day. Weather and beaches were all just great! All the Kam beaches were just super.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kihei beaches

They recovered quite quickly, we were there last May and they were moving back in quickly. In November they were great. I am told it's a natural progression.

Seattle, WA. USA
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kihei beaches

Glad to hear that. Twenty more days and we'll be on Kamaole 3.

Ken

S.F. Bay Area...
Level Contributor
202 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kihei beaches

Just got back Sat. night from Kihei and all is well! Spent some quality time on Kam II and III and it was awesome! Keawakapu beach was outstanding and even better was that there was very few people, so we nearly had the beach to ourselves! No worries!