We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kihei condo with kids - need some suggestions

Strathmore, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kihei condo with kids - need some suggestions

I am looking for a great place to stay with a 4 year old. Pools are a must, Hot tub would be great. Large green space/grounds to play. Close to the beach is also important. 1-2 bedrooms.

I'm NOT looking to stay in Waialea I want to be in Kihei, I can't afford Waialea no matter how much I would love to stay there :-)

and I would love to hear from people that have had good and bad experiences.

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
740 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kihei condo with kids - need some suggestions

Take a look a Kamaole Sands. Affordable, centrally located near restaurants and shopping, situated across the street from Kamaole III beach which has restrooms and a lifeguard. Some units have A.C. check with the owner/management company.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,038 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kihei condo with kids - need some suggestions

Our favorite place, the Luana Kai, might fit the bill:

www.luanakai.com

GOOD deals can be had on vrbo!

So. Calif.
Level Contributor
487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kihei condo with kids - need some suggestions

We really liked Mana Kai in Kihei. Kihei Surfside is next door and looks good too. Both are right on the ocean. The prices vary because some are privately owned and upgraded. Check out VRBO.com to see prices. Both have big green lawns too. Go to WIZARDPUB.com to see aerial pictures of both resorts.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kihei condo with kids - need some suggestions

Kihei Surfside fits the bill as far as large green grounds to play....sooo nice there (grass feels like carpet). They only have 1 pool and no hot tub but the grounds make up for that, there is room for lots of fun grassy sports, see this ariel view:

www.wizardpub.com/maui/mrkiheisurfside.html

Prices are very resonable as well and it is just next door to Keawakapu beach, it is a great family beach, saw lots of little ones enjoying it when we were there last. We use rosies rentals.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,754 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kihei condo with kids - need some suggestions

I like this site for South Maui condos. The site manager has rejected any units that are not nice ones. www.mauiownercondos.com

You might consider Grand Champions in Wailea. The units are somewhat newer and larger. You'd drive to the beach below.

Kam Sands is convenient and popular with families. Maui Banyan is good. Kihei Kai Nani is probably least expensive; it's across from Hale Pau Hana (beachfront on Kam II beach). Would the latter be too expensive? We prefer Maui Kamaole, although it's on more of a rise, so more effort getting back from Kam III beach. Maui Vista?

All the Kamaole beaches are good for kids, with lifeguards, some play equipment, rest rooms, picnic benches and some *shade*. Kam III especially has a lot of grassy 'running around room'.

Of all these only Grand Champions and Maui Kamaole are 'newer'. In any case you'll want to book a *specific* unit so that you get something refurbished.

When would you be on island? (Be sure to reserve your rental car well in advance.)

Edited: 5:52 pm, August 09, 2011
Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kihei condo with kids - need some suggestions

Kihei Surfside or Hale Pau Hana is where we'd stay if in Kehei. My kids loved the grass and putted golf balls here as it has a little golf putting area. The grass IS like carpet, I love it and the views are beautiful. We did not stay here but visited the beach to the left. Five Palms, the restaurant is also next door at Mana Kai. I have 3 kids and yes, large lawns, very close to the beach and a great pool is a must with kids going to Hawaii ;)

Casper, Wyoming
Level Contributor
14 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kihei condo with kids - need some suggestions

We take a large extended family and stay at the Maui Kamaole Condos.

Casper, Wyoming
Level Contributor
14 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kihei condo with kids - need some suggestions

We take an extended family and stay at the Maui Kamaole Condos. They are right across the road from the Kihei boat ramp and the Kamaole Beach III.

9. Re: Kihei condo with kids - need some suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:36 pm, August 12, 2011
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
52,492 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kihei condo with kids - need some suggestions

Aloha,

Hey, "Hawaiicleaner".........stop with the advertising. Next your other buddy "web2- whatever" will be back on here too.