We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Cruisers is excellent

Lahaina, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Topic
Maui Cruisers is excellent

We used Maui cruisers for our vacation in May, and we could not have been more pleased. They are totally up front, you are getting an older Nissan Sentra, nothing fancy, and frankly, do you really need a fancy rent a car when you are hanging out at the beach and waysides all day? The car was not pretty but ran like a top, and the process to rent and return the car was the easiest we have ever dealt with. A week after returing home, they sent us a thank you card with a CD of Hawaiian Songs, a nice sincere touch that was truly appreciated. We will use Maui Cruiser again!!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,543 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Cruisers is excellent

Glad to hear they have improved. they had really gone down down hill the last time we used them which was 4 or 5 yr ago.

Besure and place this in the review section.

Look forward to a trip report. We love maui TRs....was this your first trip to Maui?

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
24,775 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Cruisers is excellent

Aloha,

Mahalo for the info

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,059 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Cruisers is excellent

Did the card say - "please give us a good review on TripAdvisor?"

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
246 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Cruisers is excellent

Sorry, but the original poster only has 1 review and nothing else. Not sure I trust this.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
53,721 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui Cruisers is excellent

Aloha,

Actually, the OP has 8 reviews, but only this one forum post. One of the reviews is for the Old Lahaina Luau, in May.

I also am kind of suspicious, but there's not a way to review rental cars last time I looked.

Perhaps Frank's is giving these guys a run for their money.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
246 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui Cruisers is excellent

Oops you are right sw my bad. Apparently I can't quite read.

I am just Leary of these over the top reviews as so many of reviews on here are really fake and truly lead folks astray. IMHO

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
53,721 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui Cruisers is excellent

Aloha,

I think you read very, very well ;-)

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,022 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui Cruisers is excellent

I'm not sure I understand the advantage of using a company such as this. We rented a new car @ less than $25. per day/taxes in, in May.

Was the cost savings significant with MC? Their website says that everything is included in the price, but with regards to insurance, only mentions Liability Insurance (which all car rental companies have to have). Do they offer physical damage insurance if you don't have it through your credit card or your own auto policy?

Edited: 11:05 am, June 19, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui Cruisers is excellent

Jan 17, 2011

I booked a car with Maui Cruisers 2 months ago. The owner called and cancelled it with less than 2 weeks until we are to pick up the car. He gave a pretty lame excuse then when I started to tell him that I was unhappy (and this wasn't a ranting, raving, swearing sort of response), he hung up on me.

I certainly won't be renting from them again!

10. Re: Maui Cruisers is excellent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, February 13, 2013