We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South? West? Where to stay for Honeymoon?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
South? West? Where to stay for Honeymoon?

We're getting married in July '06 in Wailea. We have 25 friends and family coming. Neither we, nor our guests have booked accomodations yet as we're still doing research. I was going to choose the Wailea Marriott until I read in a forum that there's no beach. We would like to be on one if possible. So, my questions are: West or South part of the island? Does anyone have recommendations on a nice condo or hotel for our honeymoon? Thanks in advance for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Wailea
Wailea
Maui, HI
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: South? West? Where to stay for Honeymoon?

Beware, the Maui Mana Kai is undergoing a complete remodelling job during 2006. Although condo units are open and accessible, there is construction all around, and construction NOISE between 8am and 5pm.

Mentioned in this post
Mana Kai Maui
Mana Kai Maui
555 Reviews
Maui, HI
Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
446 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: South? West? Where to stay for Honeymoon?

We stayed in Kaanapali but went down to Wailea for a Christmas Eve service at the Grand Wailea. They actually have a chapel that overlooks the beach. The grounds, beach, chapel were breathtaking. I remember thinking to myself that if I were getting married (already am) and were going to have family there, I would do it there. Even if you don't want to use the chapel, I thought the beaches in this area were the perfect backdrop.

Mentioned in this post
Wailea
Wailea
Maui, HI
Get answers to your questions about Kihei
Recent Conversations