We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kihei area with a toddler

dallas, tx
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
kihei area with a toddler

Hi there,

Im travelling to Kihei next week with my 20 month old and wondered if anyone had any suggestions for kid friendly activities and places (beaches, restaurants, etc)? We will rent a car for 2nd half of stay so any suggestions for Maui in general would also be appreciated. thank you.

janine

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
808 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kihei area with a toddler

I am in the same boat. I am planning a trip this spring so I have been doing lots of checking around and I think I am happy with the maui sunset it is beachfront not a great swimming beach but good for walking, within walking distance of plenty ammenitities and you should be able to get a great rate for this one. Good luck!

dallas, tx
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: kihei area with a toddler

aloha4now,

I just was looking back and we actually stayed at the Maui Sunset for the first half of our stay. If you havent already gone..Id definitely recommend a ground floor if you are travelling with a toddler/young child. The grounds are great for them to play on.

Gilbert
Level Contributor
952 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kihei area with a toddler

I think you'll find many beaches that will be great for your little one. Other things our young kids enjoyed were the Maui Ocean Center (very close to Kihei!), and eating at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. - very loud, fun, and has a great kids menu.

Be sure to take a beach umbrella or buy one there - the sun is pretty brutal on the little ones! We also packed a few little shovels/buckets & a big beach towel in our suitcase for the kids.