We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feast at Lele ~ Old Lahaina Luau ~ Help

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
587 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Feast at Lele ~ Old Lahaina Luau ~ Help

We had reservations at OLL, but just called yesterday and changed them for the Feast at Lele. I think I read that some of you preferred the Feast. Was this a good idea? (why do I keep second guessing myself...first trip to Maui, on my honeymoon, it's going to be perfect no matter what we do right?)

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Feast at Lele ~ Old Lahaina Luau ~ Help

We were just there for our honeymooon. Didn't go to either (so I'm no help at all) but many folks told us OLL was the best, and to skip everyone else. "More authentic" they said - whatever that means. We tried to get a reservation but couldn't. :-(

Have a great time!

Level Contributor
587 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feast at Lele ~ Old Lahaina Luau ~ Help

hope you had a great time on your honeymoon. I am sooooo looking forward to seeing the island for the first time. My husband lived upcountry and went to high school on Maui, so it will be like going home for him.

i love this forum, but am driving myself crazy trying to "get it right".

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Feast at Lele ~ Old Lahaina Luau ~ Help

I hear you - did the same thing. But one person along the way gave me some simple advice: You're likely to make the trip to Hawaii several times in your life, so don't stress about getting it just right. There will always be time to do it the next time you're there! Either way - it will be a memorable trip with great memories!

Level Contributor
587 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feast at Lele ~ Old Lahaina Luau ~ Help

thanks Lovedlanai. You are right. We'll be there for 17 days, so I should just relax and realize that it's just the first of many trips. I like the way that sounds. Maybe I should start planning the next trip now. Ha Ha.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feast at Lele ~ Old Lahaina Luau ~ Help

From what I understand, the show at OLL is better but the food at FaL is better and is more romantic. Does that help?

Level Contributor
587 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feast at Lele ~ Old Lahaina Luau ~ Help

I danced with polynesian review as a kid, so I guess I'm looking for the more romantic, all around experience. And good food helps too!

Mayo, Ireland
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Feast at Lele ~ Old Lahaina Luau ~ Help

Definitely go OLL, it is so worth it and by far the best Lu`au in Maui!

Maui is a wonderful place and so much to see and do - don't forget a trip to Hana. Also I'd recommend "Maui Revealed" its a travel guide book that gives some really good tips of place to go and visit.

Enjoy!

Level Contributor
587 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Feast at Lele ~ Old Lahaina Luau ~ Help

thanks for the tips. Have the "blue bible" and refer to it all the time. Can't wait to do the road to hana.

Have reservations for Mama's Fish House, Warren & Annabelle's and ziplining. Can't wait

New Jersey
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Feast at Lele ~ Old Lahaina Luau ~ Help

It seems that I have to deviate from the other responses that you received. I think the food AND show at Feast at Lele was soooooooo much better. It's just a personal opinion but I left OLL thinking I was going to cancel the Feast because I didn't want to sit through something like that again...and then after the Feast I said I would go and do that again. It's a personal opinion. Whatever you choose, have a great time!

vancouver WA usa
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Feast at Lele ~ Old Lahaina Luau ~ Help

This topic has come up again and again. Do a search for earilier posts about this. We chose the Feast because we had been to a Lu'au and wanted to do something different. If you would rather sit at a table and be served then the Feast is for you. I believe it is a little more "romantic". (Did I mention you sit at a table and are served?) The food and the show were wonderful.

That said, the OLL is very highly regarded ( I can't speak from experience ). I believe you can't go wrong with either. Just promise yourself if you go to the Feast and have never been to an "authentic" lu'au you will go to OLL on your next trip. Problem solved.

Get answers to your questions about Kihei
Recent Conversations