We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aloha Pualani

California
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Aloha Pualani

Who can tell me about the Aloha Pualani in north Kihei?

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aloha Pualani

Hi Lulu,

I will post here too-

I answered you back in Niagara Falls too-but just in case any one else was interested. I wrote a review on this hotel back in June.

I found it to be most charming and well run. You won't be disappointed-

After we left the Aloha we stayed at the Grand Walea, and I can't tell you which one I liked better.

Good Luck

California
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aloha Pualani

Thanks buffalogirl!

It's funny that you mentioned The Big Wave. Last year I spent a week on Maui (at the Sugar Beach Resort), and ate at The Big Wave about 4 times because they had a 2-for-1 early bird dinner special! I loved the Banana Crusted Chicken.

This time I'm traveling alone, and the Aloha Pualani looked like a nice restful place.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aloha Pualani

We own a condo next door to the Aloha Pualani, it looks really great!

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aloha Pualani

Hi Hula,

I remember you mentioning that you were near the Aloha.

I know that they are for sale (I think the caretaker said they were asking 3 mil.

I think she said that the owner had put in about 1mil. in renovations. I believe it-the place is decorated to the nth degree.

I hope the new owners are as accomodating as the current owner.

Lulu-that would be an ideal place to be if you are looking for utter relaxation. Even the pool was just the right size to float around in-I read 3 books while I was there, often sitting on the Lanai and reading well into the night while listening to the ocean. It was Heaven. My husband and I even kind of did our own thing-he slept in and I went to this place for breakfast-if you take a left on s.kihei and went down about 1 mile on the right-I can't remember the name-they had a full breakfast for 5.99 and they had a great view. Also people were so friendly and will to chat-it was nice.

Have a great time.

Kihei, HI
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aloha Pualani

Aloha, I can attest for Aloha Pualani being very nice. We own and live across the street from her also. She has made beautiful improvements to her property.

Rex
Floyds Knobs...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Aloha Pualani

Planning a two night stay here at Aloha Pualani at New Year's. I have been seeking info on Fodors Travel Talk, and it appears that this is more specific info than anything I have been able to find there. The posts took on a little bit of a contentious / defensive tone. It might be great to correspond with either one of the two neighboring condo owners, if you are willing. I am not opposed to posting specific questions here, but some might be better suited than others.

Thanks in advance for any replies... and...

Best wishes,

Rex Bickers

Floyds Knobs, Indiana

rbmd@usa.net

Kihei, HI
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Aloha Pualani

I own a neighboring property, what would you like to know?

Rex
Floyds Knobs...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Aloha Pualani

Is your property for your own use only? or a condo or other property where guests stay? If so, what about bookings for New Years weekend? Is it an issue that should concern me that Aloha Pualani is essentialy 100% unbooked for this peak time of year? I am NOT trying to raise suspicions or inappropriate concerns; it has been hard to find info on Fodors.com (Travel Talk), and virtually no other coparable property on Maui has pure 5-star ratings here on tripadvisor.

There is a single (fairly scathing) negative report on virtualtourist.com but may be totally unfounded.

If my questions seems out of line, then I want to aplogize for wrong "suggestions: to/about the property or the owner, Sheri..

Better to correspond off this board?

I appreciate your reply.

9. Re: Aloha Pualani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:11 pm, September 21, 2005
Kihei, HI
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Aloha Pualani

The Aloha Pulalani is a very nice boutique hotel. My guess is that you would enjoy staying there. The rates for the Aloha Pualani are considerably higher than the other Inns on the court, but that is because she charges what she feels is appropriate for the accommodations she offers. As for me, I own a small inn/hotel also, but if you are looking for a five star hotel, we do not have the ammenities that qualify for a five star. This end of Kihei is much less traveled and the beach across the street stretches for miles. The nice thing about Wailana Place is it is not a hotel/resort area with huge 6 story hotels. The Inns on this court are all small, quaint, and cozy each comprised of 8-10 rooms each and nicely maintained. So, with all that said, if you're looking for a smaller, quiet setting, I'd book it. If you are looking for a major resort$ ammenities i.e. multiple pools, restaurants, night clubs, shops attached and all the people, then go to Wailea or Makena to the Fairmont, Prince, or Grand Wailea. I hope that helps.