We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week in Maui - First time visit

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
One week in Maui - First time visit

Dear all,

My wife and I are going to Maui for the first time next saturday for 8 days. I would like to know what would you think are the "must do" that cannot be missed in Maui (places to visit, excursions, things to do, etc.). We dont really want to spend the week drivinfgaround because we need a rest :=) but we dont want to miss the important things either. We are staying in the Four Seasons. Any nice places around for drinks and dinner? They dont have to be necessary on the high end of the scale, the important thing is that the food is good!.

Thanks a lot to everyone!

Regards,

Lucho.

Wernersville, PA
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One week in Maui - First time visit

Have not experienced the Four Seasons or surrounding area YET but have read it is nothing short of excellent.

Frr specifc ideas regarding "must dos" on this forum, you might want to check out another recent post entitled "Top Ten Must Do's while on island" - and/or do some searches in the Maui Forum for "top ten" and "Four Seasons" etc. I even believe there was a recent debate regaring the top 10 restaurants, some of which are no doubt in the Kehei / Wailea area.

Wheter or not you have an agenda when you depart, IMO there is a 99.999999% probability that you will have an incredible time. And no question there will be a alot of local expertise @ the Four Seasons to help you with restaraunts and activities. As one rental agent told me, just bring money and a swimsuit.

BTW I am assuming you have acquired a copy of Maui Revealed (a.k.a. the blue bible). IMO required reading.

Enjoy!

Seattle, WA. USA
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One week in Maui - First time visit

Miney -

That rental agent got the "money" part right. I could feel my wallet getting slimmer in my back pocket even just driving through Wailea.

:)

Ken

Wernersville, PA
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One week in Maui - First time visit

Hey Ken... I hear you; LOL! Alas, mine actually gets thicker due to the accumulation credit card receipts.

Needless to say I didn't rent from him. A bit too pompous for my taste.

aloha

New Jersey
Level Contributor
222 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One week in Maui - First time visit

a "must do", is either driving to hana or to haleakala. (actually both) we drove the road to hana 27 yrs ago on our honeymoon, and i still remember it. have been back to maui 3 times since, with kids, and haven't gone back to hana. didn't want to deal with the kids, the ride, and the possibly endless "are we there yets." the trip to haleakala is much shorter, and, how often do you get to walk around an actual volcano?

both are must dos, but since you don't want to spend your time driving around, i would suggest you pick one. maybe poll the forum and ask for opinions.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One week in Maui - First time visit

If you want to see some beautiful water scenery, drive south from the Four Seasons to La Persouse Bay which is basically the end of the road going south. This bay is beautiful. But, for an even nicer view, return about 1 mile north and go through an opening in the fence that is marked with a sign....then walk down over the lava fields to the ocean....unbelieveable blue water in these little coves. If you snorkle, take your snorkeling gear but go early (7am) to get the clearest water. It makes for a nice walk even if you don't snorkle. Wear running shoes.

olathe, ks
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One week in Maui - First time visit

haleakala is amazing especially at sunrise. you can easily make that a half day trip. hana is equally amazing but more than a full day trip. i don't think they're comparable. haleakala looks like mars hana is a rain forest. if i go to maui 20 times i will visit both places every time

hermosa beach, ca
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One week in Maui - First time visit

Four Seasons is Hands Down the finest service i have ever experienced Been back 4 times. They anticipate your wishes. Vegas meets Maui next door at Grand wailea..yuk hotel. but beautiful spa!!! try the half day spa sampler.

Get answers to your questions about Kihei
Recent Conversations