We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at the Four Seasons w/4.5yr old.

california
2 posts
Save Topic
Staying at the Four Seasons w/4.5yr old.

Has anyone stayed at the FS w/a 4-5yr old? Did they enjoy themselves? Any pointers? This is my first trip to Maui and I'm excited, I just hope my son will have fun too. We picked FS because they seem to offer alot and the kids program looks good. Any comments are much appreciated! Thanks!

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at the Four Seasons w/4.5yr old.

bump

Mission Kansas
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at the Four Seasons w/4.5yr old.

Lets try again....Bump

Mission Kansas
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at the Four Seasons w/4.5yr old.

Lets try again....Bump

Orange County...
Level Contributor
531 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at the Four Seasons w/4.5yr old.

We'll be staying at the FS for a week beginning July 23rd with our 2 1/2 year old son and 3 1/2 year old daughter. I'll let you know how it goes if you'd like!

Windermere, Florida
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at the Four Seasons w/4.5yr old.

We stayed when my daughter was five (and other daughter was 8) and she loved it! It was during Christmas break and they really made it fun for the kids. They did extra night time activities like Pajama Night and Star Night. They have a food buffet area just for kids with mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, etc. There is a pool area that is perfect for young children and play toys on the beach. On arrival your child will get a stuffed lizard (gecko?) and cookies, plus their name written out in sponge letters on the huge tub. Just ask for kids shampoo or any other supplies that you might need and it's complimentary. My daughter slept in a toddler bed which she loved! I don't know if your child is old enough to participate in the complimentary children's program but it was wonderful. Our whole family LOVED this resort and would return in a heartbeat! The Four Seasons went all out for Christmas. If you want to know those details, just let me know!

Level Contributor
16 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at the Four Seasons w/4.5yr old.

The kids need to be 5 years old to participate in the Keiki Club. This hotel is the best on Maui - period. The service is excellent but hopefully you'll be going during an off-peak time, otherwise it is very crowded.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
531 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at the Four Seasons w/4.5yr old.

We just came back from a week at the Four Seasons with our 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old kids. The Four Seasons is the perfect resort for families with children. Our kids had a blast! When you arrive your child will receive flower and shell leis, they'll also have stuffed animals, crayons, coloring books, candy, cookies and milk with a bunch of cute rubber duckies waiting in the room for your child. Their name will also be spelled out in colorful bath sponges on the bath tub, so cute! There is also a DVD player in the room and you can borrow from a huge list of movies at the concierge desk, no charge. The waterfall pool is considered the kids pool, it's actually 2 pools connected by a small slide (perfect for a 4-5 year old) and rock waterfalls. There is a very shallow area for toddlers 1 1/2 feet deep, the remainder of the first pool is 3 1/2 feet deep. The upper water fall pool goes from 3 1/2 - 5 feet. This is where the families hang out, it's never very crowded, we were always able to get poolside cabanas. The beach is clean and the sea was never too rough while we were there, so the kids can easily play at the water's edge. There is always a huge bucket of sand toys for your child's use located right next to the towel shack. Umbrellas and mini cabanas are available to provide shade for your child. The Kids For All Seasons progam is also fantastic! Your child must be 5 yo to be left alone in the program, but anoyone under age 5 is welcome accompanied by an adult. You can ask for a schedule of activities at the front desk and let your child pick and choose the activities they'd like to do. We made snow cones, aloha picture frames, edible tiki huts, leis, learned the hula, played frisbee golf, and built a volcano on the beach. There is a basketball hoop and balls, air hockey, all kinds of board games, computers, etc in the kids club for your use. There is also a seperate game room at the resort that has pool tables, video games and big screen TV. Kids club is open from 9am-5pm daily. You will have no problem keeping your child entertained. You'll also be able to get kid's meals at all of the restaurants, pool side and room service, great menu with lots of choices. Kids meals throughout the resort are around $5-$8 for and entree and 2 side dishes, except for Spago where meals are $15. This is a very child-friendly resort but it isn't over loaded with kids like the Kea Lani and the Grand Waliea. You'll love it!

Orange County...
Level Contributor
531 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying at the Four Seasons w/4.5yr old.

Also, while we were there (last week in July) the resort was at full capacity and it never felt crowded. There were always chairs and cabanas around the pool and plenty of room on the beach. There were only about 15-20 kids in the Kids For All Seasons group each day. If you want to see what crowds are walk over to the Grand Wailea or the Kea Lani, they pack people in there like sardines!

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying at the Four Seasons w/4.5yr old.

Wow - Thank you for all of this information! We're planning a stay there in October, and this post was invaluable!

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying at the Four Seasons w/4.5yr old.

Wow - Thank you for all of this information! We're planning a stay there in October, and this post was invaluable!