We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sugar beach

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
Level Contributor
67 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
sugar beach

My husband and myself are coming over to Sugar Beach Condos in September for 11 nights from Scotland but we have been told that is too long to stay here and that we would be bored, can anyone tell us if this is the case? We were told that there is no nightlife around!

Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sugar beach

Hi scottishlass, I have never stayed in that area of Maui before but, if you are flexible as to where you can stay you might want to consider staying closer to Lahaina. The Kaanapali area is the nicest resort area that is the closest to Lahaina town and that is where you will find the most nightlife on the island.

Florissant MO
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sugar beach

You'll love Sugar Beach. We are making a return trip this June and bringing the kids. Sugar Beach is quiet and laid back - if you want night life Wailea and Lahaina are a short drive away. It is centrally located so trips to Hana and Haleakala are a little bit shorter. We weren't at our condo much. We'd eat breakfast, pack up the car with snorkeling gear and a cooler with lunch and be gone for the day. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sugar beach

Sugar Beach is a great place to stay. There are restaurants and nightlife nearby in Kihei, as long as you have a car your fine. Only ten minutes away. There is not any nightlife at the resort besides a small pub but your very close to Kihei town so don't worry.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sugar beach

was thinking about this post last night, if you are planning on drinking a lot maybe it would be better to stay in south kihei closer to restaurants and bars rather than driving. even though you are only a few miles down the road it might be better not to take the chance.

glasgow
Level Contributor
67 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sugar beach

Thanks to everyone for replying, we were just a bit worried about where to go but if we have to take the car then that is ok as we have already booked the condo at sugar beach. I really appreciate all your replies.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sugar beach

You'll be fine, you can't beat the price and the location. You wont have to drive far at all. Aloha

California
Level Contributor
907 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sugar beach

My sister-in-law always stays at the Sugar Beach resort. Loves it. Right on the ocean.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sugar beach

Yes, you just have to be sure to ask for a refurbished unit if you are anal like me. We loved it. Not as lush as Wailea but way more affordable and so close to the water. How come your not staying there?

California
Level Contributor
907 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sugar beach

A couple of reasons. My S-I-L says the beach has receded a lot and is no longer too good for laying out on the beach, unless you like your towel to get wet. She is not a beach person, so she doesn't care, but she thought we would.

We are all a bunch of outdoors types (usually camp 15 nights straight each year on the Ell river in California -- would probaqbly go longer, but 15 is the State Park's limit. My kids are competitive swimmers, and have always been water freaks. The neightborhood waterfights are always at our house. We always have an abundance of ballons for when a break-out fight occurs, and plenty of water guns for everyone.

That being said, I wanted a little larger beach close to the condo that we could use when we feel too lazy to drive to another beach. Also, it is hard to find a condo that will allow 5 people in a 1/1 condo.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sugar beach

Eeek! I am a beach person, when was she there? It was great last November. The beaches can dissapear quickly and come back quickly also. Last year Keawakapoo receded and then bounced right back over just a couple of weeks so keep your fingers crossed for me.

We will be staying our first week at Hale Pau Hana at Kam 2 so I can add that to my "accomodation authority" list.