We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

long-term rentals

utah
5 posts
Save Topic
long-term rentals

HI!

Im looking to move to kihei, maui in Jan 2008. I have been looking for an apartment or condo to rent that will accept a small dog. I am having the hardest time finding anything to rent. Does anyone know where I can find condos or apartments? If you could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,866 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: long-term rentals

According to the Hawaii landlord/tenant law the total amount of ALL deposits cannot be more than 1 months rent. In other words, they cannot charge you an extra or larger deposit for pets. If they do they are breaking the law.

Kihei Villages and a complex called Southpointe will take one pet. Otherwise it is pretty hard to find a place that will take pets. Make sure when you move to have all the quarentine requirements meet before you leave the mainland.

Kihei, HI
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: long-term rentals

Try the classifieds at www.mauinews.com or go to the Maui section of Craigslist.org. Between those 2 you should be able to cover all the potential long term rentals on the island. I work for Bello Realty and we don't have anything available that will take pets right now, but all the property managers advertise in the Maui News Classifieds. The hardest part is most properties don't start advertising until a month ahead of time at the most, so most people end up scrabbling at the last minute to find a place. And you might want to consider a small cottage since they tend to be more pet friendly than condos. Good luck!

utah
5 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: long-term rentals

Thank you all so much, I really appreciate all of your help! Its getting easier to figure all of this out. Thanks again! :)

14. Re: long-term rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 10, 2009