We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OGG airport rental car tram

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
53 helpful votes
OGG airport rental car tram
Save

Does anyone know if the tram is up and running and does it work better than the old shuttle system? Also how accessible is it. I could not board the shuttle because of the steps, so I used to have to take a taxi to the rental car co. Do the trams have no steps or just a very small step to board? Just wondering what to expect on my arrival this trip.

California
Level Contributor
59,707 posts
18 reviews
27 helpful votes
1. Re: OGG airport rental car tram
Save

Hi!

Scroll down the full Island of Maui Forum. Great info!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
77 reviews
204 helpful votes
2. Re: OGG airport rental car tram
Save

I arrived on Maui two weeks ago and used the tram. We don’t leave for another week but I’ll try to remember to give you a definitive answer. But I’m almost 100 percent sure there is no

Step up or down in order for everyone to easily roll bags on and off, wheelchairs, strollers etc.

Edited: 3 years ago
Boston...
Level Contributor
201 posts
3. Re: OGG airport rental car tram
Save

Do you have a link BLBL?

Traveling also with mobility issues and any preplanning help prepare us for the unexpected

California
Level Contributor
59,707 posts
18 reviews
27 helpful votes
4. Re: OGG airport rental car tram
Save

I'll need to scroll down the Maui Forum ...

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
29,877 posts
24 reviews
85 helpful votes
5. Re: OGG airport rental car tram
Save

Definitely NO steps with ramps. Came back a week ago. I had a sleeping toddler in a stroller and 2 large luggage. Wheeled effortlessly from baggage claim to curb to tram to rental car. Once you get in the tram, there is a dedicated handicapped area. Definitely better than the shuttles. We were in Miami and just unloading baby and luggage and stroller up and down etc was a PITA.

Edited: 3 years ago
Minnesota
Level Contributor
23,107 posts
56 reviews
39 helpful votes
6. Re: OGG airport rental car tram
Save

Yes all is ADA accessible.... according to law so elevators as well inside the rental building.

California
Level Contributor
190 posts
5 reviews
5 helpful votes
7. Re: OGG airport rental car tram
Save

Here’s a YouTube video of the tram. You have to go just past the minute mark to see how it is to get on the tram.

https://youtu.be/_O4vYkmgjvQ

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
259 reviews
176 helpful votes
8. Re: OGG airport rental car tram
Save

No steps up or down to embark or disembark tram. The tram is ride is very short; it only takes about 3 minute to walk between the airport and the car rental building. The cars are parked at a lower level from the trams and rental desks, but there are escalators and elevators.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
25 helpful votes
9. Re: OGG airport rental car tram
Save

Since I live on Maui I don't have to deal with rental cars. My suggestion to travelers is that one person goes for the rental car and the rest wait for the luggage. Then go back and pick up the group. Too often I have seen families struggling with luggage, strollers and children walking to the crowded shuttle. It is a short walk to the rental area without luggage.

Pembroke Pines...
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
10 helpful votes
10. Re: OGG airport rental car tram
Save

Yes, the tram is working and there aren't any stairs.

Get answers to your questions about Kahului
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.