We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Kahului

Orlando, FL
2 posts
Save Topic
Moving to Kahului

Any advise as to where a 26-year-old surfer who has been hired to teach marine biology at Maui High school might find a decent house to share or apartment to rent?

Kihei, HI
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Moving to Kahului

Truly, no worries. I promise not to slap you around anymore caddy. No much point in expending the energy required if you won't even remember the sting anyway :(

Peace out !

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Moving to Kahului

outonawave,

There are many surfer/windsurfer/waterman types in Paia. You would have pretty good luck finding a house to rent with other surfer/working types there in town. I just took a look at craiglist and also noticed that Kuau plaza (just outside of Paia) was listed - certainly not a fancy apts but its a good/cheap place to get settled to start with (not to mention great location to the water). Check craigslist and the other publications mentioned in above posts.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,076 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Moving to Kahului

Boy I missed that one big time! The title was "Moving to Kahului" and caddy actually types: "You didn't say where in Maui you will be teaching? Kahului?"

Hey bozo Caddyshackman? Maybe it is Kahului? Could it be Kahului? Possibly Kahului? K - A - H - U - L - U - I !!!!!!

Actually I was more interested in outonawave getting me a job at MCC teaching math, so I could escape this Godforsaken mainland. Seriously, I guess I just "google" Maui Community College look for openings.

You know I wonder....if I get that job....where would I be teaching? Maybe Kahului, huh? HA HA!!

Hey Tropix I sure deserved it. Pile it on some more. (I wish I could say I was in Maui mode but that's BS for sure!) Peace out too! Word out or whatever......

14. Re: Moving to Kahului

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 02, 2009