We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Updated food options near Hana?

Which Hana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
271 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Updated food options near Hana?

Found this old thread and wondered if it's changed.... tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60630-i845-k31434…

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,524 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Updated food options near Hana?

Not positive since it's been a few years since I've been on the Hana Hwy, but from other trip reports etc. most of those vendors are still open. Check this link out too if you haven't already. Found under the Top Questions on the right hand side of this page.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60630-i845-k50173…

San Diego...
Level Contributor
271 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Updated food options near Hana?

I did see the Clay Oven thread, but it sounded like the hours are very iffy.

Hana, Hawaii
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Updated food options near Hana?

Pizza place is thriving and open Fridays and Saturdays in the evening. Go for it. Lots of locals eat there for fun.

aloha

San Diego...
Level Contributor
271 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Updated food options near Hana?

Unfortunately I won't be there those days. I'll be there on New Years Day, which is probably even less chance of most places being open.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,524 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Updated food options near Hana?

That is very true, it's likely that the roadside vendors will be closed. Or, they could be open expecting a large crowd. It's hard to tell. In this case I would pack at least a picnic lunch

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
29 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Updated food options near Hana?

We just came from Hana, spent three days there, and I was so pleasantly surprised at the food options we had:

Before heading down the Hana Highway, i would get sandwiches or salads at Mana Foods in Paia - great place with great food! loved their curry chicken salad and other stuff they had. You can't go wrong pickig nything from their deli.

Once in Hana, or approaching Hana, there are quite a few real good road stands, so forget about Hana Ranch restaurant or Traveesa, and see the locals at their friendly roadside vans:

great banana bread at a stand before the airport - then the Farmer's market right next to the medical center, where the road splits ( stay on the right side). They were open every day we were there, also Sunday, with quite a selection of sandwiches, fruit, and salads.

Further on, there is "Cafe Romantica", also operated out of a van, on the right side, below the "shopping center", all vegetarian , quite tasty!

and of course, Brudda Hutt's on the way out to Hamoa Beach, on the left.

We had their fish dishes. and were very happy.

Finally, in 'downtown Hana" there is a lady operating an open air Thai restaurant/stand - we loved it and went back twice for more. She was very busy, possibly the new happening pace in Hana?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
271 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Updated food options near Hana?

Thanks Artemisia, very helpful with all the details!

8. Re: Updated food options near Hana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, December 17, 2013