We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waimoku Falls

Which Hana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Waimoku Falls

we're based at Kaanapali beach. We plan to do drive to Hana and wonder about visiting Waimoku Falls and Seven Sacred Pools. My guess is that these two should be planned as a separate daily trip.

Am I right?

Thanks

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Waimoku Falls

Looks pretty good to me if you don't spend an awful long time at each stop. I've never stopped at the Garden of Eden, so no help there. You can skip Twin Falls if time is getting short, as you will have already seen the best.

You may want to consider going past Oheo Gulch just a bit to visit Lindbergh's grave before your journey back.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Waimoku Falls

I'll 2nd or 3rd skipping Twin Falls. It's nice, but can be crowded and as msfuzz said you've already seen the best.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
378 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Waimoku Falls

When I go I usually leave early, by 6 or so, go straight to the park and hike, then hit all the other stops on my way home.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Waimoku Falls

We did the Garden of Eden our last trip and really loved the grounds. 15 bucks per person to get in but to me well worth it but u can easily spend 2-3 hrs here. Its not that far in on the RTH so we just did this and one other trail and turned around. Also this is a great place to have a picnic.

Edited: 6:49 pm, August 01, 2012
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Waimoku Falls

I agree with most of the posters to skip Twin Falls; I've also read that it is highly over-rated.

I strongly agree with MsFuzz's idea to try to see Charles Lindbergh's grave. It's a magnificently beautiful, spiritual place and doesn't have to take much time if you are running close with your plans. There is a sign (I think) for the turn-off for the grave, but you have to know exactly how to get there and then how to find the grave. I'm sure those details are covered somewhere in TA or a guidebook, because you won't want to waste time trying to find your way once at the gravesite. It really is amazing.

My favorite place in all of Maui is the Ke'anae Peninsula, so prejudice and all, I strongly advise you not to miss that beautiful area. Who knew that waves crashing against rocks could be so pretty, but they are; it will be like nothing you've ever seen!

I also found the Garden of Eden fascinating, what with all the different species of (named) flora and fauna. The whole place was just so peaceful , , , You probably won't be able to do that and everything else on your list, but it's relatively close to the beginning of the Road to Hana, so if you find you have time and still want to see it, you can drive out just as far as the Garden of Eden some other day without using up TOO much time.

You'll love whatever you see! All of the Road to Hana is amazing and unless someone has done the entire road numerous times, I surely doubt that anyone has seen it ALL. Love what you do see and Have Fun!

Aloha!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Waimoku Falls

Thanks to all. We did it on Friday, and all was good, even with stops as kids got sick at times (despite the homeopathic stuff). we also used ginger ale and ginger root candy which is another story I'll post about.

On our way back, we missed the Keanae Peninsula somehow. I wondered anyway why points of interest are not marked on the road.

Also, I was disappointed with the Garmin navigation we had from Alamo. It would not show POI while driving regardless the size of the map.

Anyway, all was still good and I only regret we did not have more time to stop, explore, and feel.

Oh yeah, we did stop to have pizza in the sister pizzeria of our Whistler Creekbread (Paia Flatbread).

Edited: 10:31 pm, August 05, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Waimoku Falls

Also, thanks to folks recommending visiting Lindbergh's grave. We felt the spiritual power of the location.

18. Re: Waimoku Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 21, 2013