We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morning latte in HANA?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Morning latte in HANA?

Does anyone know where I can get a latte in the morning in Hana? We are staying at the Hana Kai hotel. I really enjoy my latte and I'm not sure if i can live without! :)

Many thanks!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,373 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morning latte in HANA?

Well, good luck!! Finding a restaurant let alone one that serves latte will be hard. There are only a couple of restaurants in Hana. The only place I can think of would be in the Travaasa Hotel.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Morning latte in HANA?

Thanks for the reply! Your suggestion was right, I gave Travaasa a call and they have a place where you can get lattes!! If anyone is interested they open at 7.30am and the latte is 6.25$. I'll report after my trip on how good it is.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,373 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morning latte in HANA?

So glad it worked out for you, Bronwyni. Have a wonderful time.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Morning latte in HANA?

Just wanted to post an update, incase anyone was interested. Travaasa Hotel did have a version of a latte. It was OK (and i'm being generous) but it was a latte with a nice atmosphere. The lattes came to about $8, after the hotel conveniently added 18% tip to our bill for 3 lattes.

When I go back to Hana, which I will, i will buy a mypressi, so I can make my own latte.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
55,013 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Morning latte in HANA?

Aloha,

Ouch......that's def pricey. I'm surprised at the mandatory tip for something like lattes too.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,373 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Morning latte in HANA?

Doesn't surprise me in the least!! That's what happens in a remote area like Hana. Making your own is a fine idea!!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Morning latte in HANA?

I will make my own for sure! It was worth the $8 for the atmosphere. Hana was so unbelievable, I wish we stayed longer!! But that's ok, it just means we need to come back again! I am amazed that in over 25 trips to Maui I've only been to Hana twice, it is so magical! Thanks to both of you for all your tips!!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
55,013 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Morning latte in HANA?

Aloha,

You're welcome! Now....where's the full trip report, hmmmm??!!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,373 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Morning latte in HANA?

You are welcome, Bronwyni!!

10. Re: Morning latte in HANA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 04, 2012