We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waimea Bachelorette

Los Angeles
4 posts
Save Topic
Waimea Bachelorette

I'm planning my sister's bachelorette which will be taking place in July in Waimea. We're staying at the Hanalei bay resort, but can drive a little bit of a ways to go somewhere fun if necessary. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Waimea Bachelorette

You mean a bachelorette party ? You're saying you're staying in Hanalei Bay Resort and the get together is in Waimea? Looks like you're already driving a good distance. You might want to clarify. What is happening in Waimea? Are you looking for a restaurant there?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waimea Bachelorette

According to yahoo! maps, you're already driving 1.5 hrs and 51 miles between those locations

…yahoo.com/…20kauai

And in my experience, it's a bit longer esp if you hit traffic.

If you're looking for suggestions for places to really party, I'd have to suggest Oahu! Nightlife here is pretty weak.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,889 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waimea Bachelorette

Napa is right. Waimea is on the west side and Hanalei Bay Resort is in Princeville on the north shore. You have to drive south and then east to get to the north shore. It's over 50 miles and will take maybe 2 hours (or more), depending on traffic.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waimea Bachelorette

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Yes, I'm confuzzed as well - Waimea is beautiful and there are lots of great places to have a bachelorette party (if that is what you are referring to) at either Waimea Plantation Cottages or private rentals - but.....

You are staying all the way up North (at the extreme opposite end of the island from Waimea) at Hanalei Bay Resort?

The distance between Waimea and Princeville (where HBR is located) is at least a 2 hour drive (I live in the Po'ipu Beach area and it takes me an hour and a half in good traffic to drive up to Princeville - add on another 45 minutes or if you are going from Waimea).......so.....

Isn't there any way you guys could stay closer to each other? You really couldn't have picked any more further locations apart distance-wise.

I'm not really sure what you are asking - where to have a party?

Malama Pono,

Janet

Los Angeles
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Waimea Bachelorette

Hi Everyone-

Sorry for the confusion. I am a moron and wrote Hanalei bay resort by mistake but we're staying in Waimea. So, the bachelorette and wedding and everything is in Waimea.

Thanks, and sorry again.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Waimea Bachelorette

So what exactly are you looking for? A restaurant for a dinner out ?

Canada
Level Contributor
9,305 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waimea Bachelorette

So, it is Waimea on Kauai Island??? You do know there are a couple other "locales" within Hawaii that are referred to as "Waimea"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waimea,_Hawaii

As lovely the town of Waimea on Kauai is...it is a rather curious location for a Bachelorette party??

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waimea Bachelorette

Aloha from Kaua'i!

If you indeed mean "Waimea" here on Kaua'i - then there are several great places to have an event.

I'd first of all contact Waimea Plantation Cottages as they have a couple of large homes that are used for wedding parties, and other large events - beautiful and right on the beach - here is their website:

http://www.waimea-plantation.com/

There is also another large oceanfront property that is very popular for parties called the Harbor House (actually still a part of Waimea Plantation Cottages property) - here is their link:

perfect-hawaiian-vacation.com/Kauai-Harbor-H…

The West Side is a beautiful part of Kaua'i and I'm sure you and your friends will enjoy the beauty of the area!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
10,300 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Waimea Bachelorette

Why do I have a feeling that the OP means other than Waimea on Kauai? Kauai Waimea just does not strike me as a bachelorette party type of a destination or a destination for a wedding altogether. Hope Kayteeduck can clarify this for us.

Edited: 2:22 am, January 25, 2011
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Waimea Bachelorette

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Waimea town is known here locally for having great facilities for family parties, graduation parties, wedding receptions, etc. - the facilities that have been posted here are extremely popular on Kaua'i and offer beautiful ocean views as well as wonderful plantation style homes to hold them in.

Until "Kayteeduck13" comes back and clarifies further - I'm assuming she is meaning Waimea here on Kaua'i especially since she clarifies in her post earlier "wrote Hanalei Bay Resort by mistake but we're staying in Waimea. So the bachelorette and wedding and everything is in Waimea."

I've been to a number of weddings and wedding receptions out in Waimea -

while they aren't as popular with visitors as with residents - they are well known here as great sites for these types of events.

Malama Pono,

Janet