We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waimea rental homes

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Waimea rental homes

Aloha, I'm considering canceling my stay at Nihi Kai and looking for a bigger place so I can bring my mom along too. Right now I'm looking at 3 bedroom rental homes. There are a few "beachfront" listing for the Waimea area but there is clearly a road between the homes and the beach. Is this a busy road? We'll be there at the end of April, if that makes any difference. Any ideas what beach these homes are one?

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Waimea rental homes

Are you looking on the South or West? a little confused here.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Waimea rental homes

I was looking all over the island. Just trying to find what felt like the right fit.

The other person seems to be just interested in just Waimea homes. Unfortunately there is no edit button on this forum so I couldn't change the word "south" to "west" when I realized I had mis-spoke!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,896 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Waimea rental homes

Aloha from Kaua'i!

"Nubbyrose" - I have PM'd you about Waimea.

Malama Pono,

Janet

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,136 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Waimea rental homes

Je,

There's very few rentals in Waimea, however you will find quite a few in Kekaha which is just 3 miles down the road. This is West Kauai, which is not near the tourist destination as is Poipu (South).

3Chihuahuas

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Waimea rental homes

THese condo's have 2 and 3 bedroom rentals and are right on the beach. We are staying there in November.

http://www.haleawapuhi.com/reservations.html

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,896 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Waimea rental homes

Aloha from Kaua'i!

There are some oceanfront rentals along a back road by Ishihara Market in Waimea - also a small condo called "Waimea by the Sea" and a B + B also. There are also a few in the little area between Waimea and Kekaha before you get to the "beach" area - these also are oceanfront and more are being built.

But the majority of vacation rentals that we are talking about here are indeed in Kekaha - the whole oceanfront area fronting the highway there has changed over the last 5-6 years from residential to vacation rentals - and more are being built - no one who lived there could afford not to sell, so there are now only about 2 or 3 actual homes with folks living in them - the rest are vacation rentals and the side streets now leading to the beach in some areas is seeing new building for more vacation rentals as well.

I hope that its comparative isolation from the "main" part of the island and lack of lush greenery will save Kekaha from becoming another resort area myself - it is such a special place.

In the meantime, it isn't by any means overwhelming at this point and I still love it more than any other part of Kaua'i. If you have the opportunity to stay there, you will have a very special experience different from those folks in the resort areas.

JMO!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Waimea rental homes

You might want to consider staying at the Waimea Plantation cottages if you looking for an on the water experience. I believe they have (although I could be wrong) three bedroom cottages. They are quite the experience and we enjoyed our stay there more than I can say. They come with kitchens and great wrap around porches. Only down side, is the beach is not swimmable.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,896 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Waimea rental homes

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Waimea Plantation Cottages do indeed have oceanfront cottages - here is their website:

waimea-plantation.com/cottages-overview.php

This is a fabulous place - complely unlike any "resort" on island - just a collection of restored plantation cottages set along the ocean and along a coconut grove - very quiet, very peaceful - very "Old Hawai'i" - wonderful, wonderful place.

Malama Pono,

Janet

19. Re: Waimea rental homes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 18, 2010