We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Shore Weather

Indiana
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
North Shore Weather

My fiancee and I are planning to stay on the North Shore of Kauai in September for our wedding & honeymoon. I've read about how it rains so much here. Should I be concerned?

Also, we are looking at staying at Pu'u Poa, with no air conditioning. The locals say we don't need it. Is this true?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
595 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Shore Weather

It rains more during the winter. September should be fine. If it does rain then, it would most likely be a quick shower. In my opinion the North Shore is more beautiful, I would suggest you stay there.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Shore Weather

Agree with Hobbs.....

North shore in Sept. should be beautiful, with some passing rain showers. cannot guarantee the weather, but it should be pretty nice up there.

Never had air conditioning in 12 years of visits and living here and still dont. It can get warm in sept., if the trades quit. Your call on that one.

Denny

Indiana
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: North Shore Weather

Thank you for your feedback. That's very helpful. We went ahead and booked a condo at Pu'u Poa. Thanks!

4. Re: North Shore Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Princeville