We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in North Shore?

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
1 post
Save Topic
Weather in North Shore?

We're thinking about having our wedding in Princeville next summer. Is it really as rainy there on the north shore as we heard?

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in North Shore?

No. Generally the northshore is quite beautiful in summer - more sun, calmer waters, etc. But you can always hve a pop-up rain shower or a storm roll through.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in North Shore?

mark,

kimokat has given you the straight scoop. The north shore is absoulte fantastic beauty.

Currently the north shore is experiencing sunny days, and some rainy ones tossed in once in a while. It is the tropics.

Most times they are passing showeres, but sometimes it might be inclement for most of the day.

Today looks beautiful, as was yesterday. The trades have lightened, and we even have a little VOG from the big island.

Looks a bit like smog, but nothing like LA.

Denny

Swartz Creek...
Level Contributor
73 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in North Shore?

My husband and I were married last February on Ke'e Beach on the North Shore and I think it is the most beautiful location on Earth! We stayed at Princeville Resort and had an amazing time. Congrats!

elh
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in North Shore?

We stayed in Princeville this October for a wedding and it was VERY hot. It rained only twice while we were there over five days and it was a light sprinkle/mist.

The only thing I would caution you and your guests about is the heat. I am not sure how much the weather varies in the summer, but it was incredibly humid. Being from Chicago, I am used to very hot and humid weather in the summer, but this was over the top some days..especially if you decide to do outdoor activities that don't involve the water.

My only recommendation is that if you have guests coming in from out of town for the wedding, make sure they check to see if the place they are staying is air conditioned. I think most of the hotels are, but they condos where we stayed and the other condos where other guests stayed were not air conditioned.

We were right off the beach so there was a breeze at night and sleeping wasn't a problem, but during the day while waiting for others, you would sit and feel your shirt getting wet from the humidity.

After spending a long day in the sun, it is nice to be able to recharge in an air conditioned unit.

I guess I just assumed that in Hawaii all of the units would be air conditioned. This is not the case.

California
Level Contributor
35,241 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in North Shore?

Princeville is a beautiful place to have a wedding ceremony. I just renewed my vows (25) in July at Hanalei Bay Resort. Some other posters were correct that this last August was unusually hot. It was warm in July but not as humid as August. Think about June. It is lovely that month. I know of a really good photographer if interested in the name. Congratulations.

6. Re: Weather in North Shore?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 27, 2009