We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanalei Bay Resort #4324 end of Oct - Renovations an issue?

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hanalei Bay Resort #4324 end of Oct - Renovations an issue?

Okay we are considering 4324 at the end of October. Are renovations going to be an issue? It looks like that building went through reno in August, but will they be close enough to where we're staying to create a less peaceful environment on the lanai or at the main pool/spa?

California
Level Contributor
35,282 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #4324 end of Oct - Renovations an issue?

Renos are going on in the upper 5000 building and 1000 building of the timeshare rooms. The 4000 building is not close to the restaurant renovations either.

You are in my same building and I will be in there the end of October and I am remodeling, but it doesn't start until the 29th so unless you are there the 30th or 31st you will be fine. For two days while domo is going on it could be bad. Actually this owner is remodeling their flooring the month of November. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #4324 end of Oct - Renovations an issue?

We would be there Oct 24-31st, so right during the demo it sounds like.

California
Level Contributor
35,282 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #4324 end of Oct - Renovations an issue?

They won't do the bad demo until most likely the 30th. I am sure you will be out from 9-4 daily and my unit isn't right under you but on the other side of the building. I bet you'll be fine.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #4324 end of Oct - Renovations an issue?

We went ahead and booked it anyway. We leave on Oct 31st and figured we would just be sure to plan a beach date for the 30th. I anticipate it will be okay. With a gorgeous pool and many white sand beaches within a drive, I don't anticipate it being to much of a problem!

Thank you for letting me know though. I'm much happier to know it going into it, rather than arriving and hearing the possible noise!

California
Level Contributor
35,282 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #4324 end of Oct - Renovations an issue?

Come say hi.

Escondido...
Level Contributor
372 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #4324 end of Oct - Renovations an issue?

I will be in that unit the week before you. It's a good location with a nice view. Enjoy your time.

California
Level Contributor
35,282 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #4324 end of Oct - Renovations an issue?

I believe you are in the unit below 4323-4. Aren't you in a timeshare unit, Parris?

Actually 4324 has a bit of a blocked view. You cannot see Bali Hai from that side of the building. Building 9000 blocks you. You can from the main side which is 4323.

Escondido...
Level Contributor
372 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #4324 end of Oct - Renovations an issue?

I will be in that unit the week before you. It's a good location with a nice view. Enjoy your time.

Escondido...
Level Contributor
372 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #4324 end of Oct - Renovations an issue?

Your right Joan. I was thinking it was the same unit. We are so lucky to have you on this forum. We are the second level in a timeshare unit. Joan's the best.

10. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #4324 end of Oct - Renovations an issue?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Princeville