We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids Stuff/North shore?

Denver
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kids Stuff/North shore?

Rented a house in Princeville first week of May. Any tips on good things to do with a 2 year old?

Is the botanical gardens tour kiddo friendly?

Also, any cheap fish huts on North Shore?

We stayed on East side 3 years ago.

Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
39,739 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids Stuff/North shore?

Fish huts? You mean fish taco trucks? Yes. Try Pat's at Hanalei Bay. Federicos Mexican Restaurant in the P'ville shopping center has good tacos. You walk up and order and sit outside in the courtyard. I think its Friday nights they have musical entertainment or at least they did. Maybe Shantybob knows more about this.

There is a playground in the park in Princeville. There's a mini golf course in Kilauea. I'm not sure a 2 year old would appreciate the garden tour, but who knows.

Also visit the lighthouse.

Anini Beach is a wonderful spot to take a little one because they have good shady areas. Drive past the main beach all the way past the rental houses and close to the end of the road. Maybe go say hi to the horses at Princeville Ranch Adventure.

Mentioned in this post
Kilauea
Kilauea
Kauai, HI
Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,481 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids Stuff/North shore?

We stayed in Princeville in April 2011 with a 7.5 mo and a 2.5 year old. I blogged about it here: http://kauaiflamingos.blogspot.com I also have a page on the blog called Kauai Activities with Kids: …blogspot.com/p/kauai-activities-with-kids.h…

PM me if you have any specific questions.

3. Re: Kids Stuff/North shore?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 15, 2014