We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starwood points earned for timeshare tour?

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Starwood points earned for timeshare tour?

Anyone know how many Starwood points you can earn for taking a tour of the Westin timeshares? We have done it twice: once in Maui, once in St. John USVI, but it was years ago and I don't remember. If it's a lot of points, then it might be worth it, even if we might consider coming back and staying there.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,340 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Starwood points earned for timeshare tour?

I think it was around 10,000, but you should call them and ask.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
757 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Starwood points earned for timeshare tour?

In fall of 2011 we received 7500 Starpoints. In general we almost always avoid these presentations because they take substantial chunks of valuable vacation time but have done them a few times.

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Starwood points earned for timeshare tour?

I just got an invitation yesterday and it gives me 5,000 Starwood points for taking advantage of their timeshare offer and presentation.

Westchester (LA), CA
Level Contributor
25 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Starwood points earned for timeshare tour?

I have a double answer - we went on a promotion in Dec. 2011 and were originally offered 7,500 points as part of a package where you paid $850 for 5 nights, but also offered a $100 resort services certificate , however when the acknowledgement letter came it said you could forgo the resort services certificate for 7,000 additional points. I went on the tour and decided to buy a special return timeshare package (don't know if they offer it anymore) where I could return anytime within 24 months of my trip and spend 8 days 7 nights in the studio property for about $2,500 but upon returning I can also earn 50,000 points by attending the presentation again. I guess I'm a sucker because I took that option, but this time am returning this June so I can swim and snorkel on the northe shore and see Napali coast, without having to drive to other side of the island (in December you have to do that) to snorkel with kids.

Modesto CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Starwood points earned for timeshare tour?

You do realize you can rent the studio for about $800 a week, the 1 bedroom for about $1500 and the 2 bedroom for about $2k on redweek? I can't imagine why someone would buy here when the resales on eBay and redweek run about $10k, plus $3k per year for the fees? We are going in June on the $795 offer, which is a decent deal since it includes the rental car, 5,000 points, and a $75 resort credit.

6. Re: Starwood points earned for timeshare tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Princeville