We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo fatigue: need opinion Alli Kai 4301 vs Sealodge D9

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Condo fatigue: need opinion Alli Kai 4301 vs Sealodge D9

Can't seem to focus my search...I go down different directions each day. Hopefully narrowed down to these preferences: top floor, oceanfront, king bed, corner unit, sunrise and sunset view, lanai big enough to sit and have a meal, BBQ available. Any opinions about above 2 condos would be MUCH appreciated! Prices between the two are comparable. Just me and hubby so don't really need large unit.

Thanks! Still have to book Maui as well....

California
Level Contributor
37,590 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo fatigue: need opinion Alli Kai 4301 vs Sealodge D9

D9 gets excellent reviews. I kind of hate the outside of Sealodge, but you can't beat those views. The lanais are small. Also I think 4301 is a 2 bedroom vs this is a one.

www.summitpacificinc.com/sealodge-d9.html

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo fatigue: need opinion Alli Kai 4301 vs Sealodge D9

We stayed in Sealodge D9 a few years ago and I can recommend it highly. Just can't beat the views and the unit is actually very private for a condo - only one half wall attached to an adjoining unit and no one else can see in the unit. The grill area isn't the best - you will need charcoal - but we used it several times and it was adequate. The pool is pretty basic, but that was no big deal for us since we rarely use a pool when in Kauai. The lanai isn't real big but certainly adequate for two people to eat a meal - we ate pretty much every breakfast and dinner there.

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
813 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo fatigue: need opinion Alli Kai 4301 vs Sealodge D9

I did not stay in this specific unit at Sealodge. but considering the reviews, I may in the future should Hanelei Bay Resort (my first choice) not be available. I have stayed in C8 and, although Sealodge units are not spacious or luxurious, they are quite adequate and the views(from C8 and D9 at least) are stunning. I have not stayed at Alii Kai.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,127 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo fatigue: need opinion Alli Kai 4301 vs Sealodge D9

I stayed in corner unit 401 at Alii Kai. The views were breathtaking and should be even better from the 3rd floor unit you are considering. Just rolling my head slightly gave me beautiful vistas in two different directions. I have stayed at "luxury" properties on Kauai that I did not like as well. Even with two people, it is nice to have 2 bathrooms...and the 2nd bedroom for storing suitcases and purchases.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
925 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo fatigue: need opinion Alli Kai 4301 vs Sealodge D9

We stayed at D9 Last September, the Views are to die for, In fact we will be back this Sept to revisit Kauai and are staying in D9 again, Sealodge is not a Resort it is a Condo Complex, the outside is not fancy but you wont even notice because you will be on the Lanai looking at the best view on the North shore IMO, and the lanai is more than big enough for two people, as for Privacy, no one can see into the Condo or even see you on the Lanai it is totally Private, The only noise we heard was the waves breaking on the Reef, the Condo is well stock in the Kitchen and the Unit itself is very clean. The Complex has its own beach (Sealodge Beach) which is secluded and very private as well, If your not a tenant or a guest at the Complex you cant park and go to the beach. Good luck in whichever you chose

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
468 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo fatigue: need opinion Alli Kai 4301 vs Sealodge D9

"Condo fatigue" is a very real affliction. I feel your pain. Hang in there! You can't go wrong.

7. Re: Condo fatigue: need opinion Alli Kai 4301 vs Sealodge D9

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 23, 2013