We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time for Queen's Bath?

Maryland
Level Contributor
97 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
How much time for Queen's Bath?

A friend and I are going for just a weekend. Plane comes in at Friday about 4PM. She mentioned going to Queen's bath that late afternoon, but I think there isn't enough time before the sun goes down to enjoy. How much time do you spend there?

California
Level Contributor
9,696 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time for Queen's Bath?

Are you staying on the North Shore? Queen's Bath wouldn't be on my list as the first thing to do for a weekend trip. How much time do you spend there? Spend as much time as you like--5 min., an hour, it's up to you.

Maryland
Level Contributor
97 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time for Queen's Bath?

No we are staying in Kapaa.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,573 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much time for Queen's Bath?

So you are coming for one or 2 nights? From Maryland? Risking my life at Queen's Bath never made the list in my several multi week stays.

California
Level Contributor
9,696 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much time for Queen's Bath?

Go to Poipu Beach Park to enjoy the sunset and/or swim, and/or have a mai tai at Brennecke's Beach Broiler.

Level Contributor
905 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How much time for Queen's Bath?

I hope that you are aware of the danger.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much time for Queen's Bath?

Dont bother with it//There are too many other awesome places to visit. Very dangerous. Dont ever turn you back on the ocean.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,269 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much time for Queen's Bath?

You do realize that Queen's Bath is one of the most dangerous places on Kaua‘i? Not just the water, but the rocks and ledges near it. Another death just earlier this month.

thegardenisland.com/news/local/police-identi…

If you'd like a suggestion for that afternoon, I'd get some beer, some to-go plates and go to Kealia, watch the surfers and boogie boarders catch the last waves of the day.

3Chihuahuas

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,904 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much time for Queen's Bath?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Please find another activity to do instead of going to one of the most dangerous places here on Kaua'i.

I'd suggest doing a search on Queen's Bath here on the forum to get an idea just how deadly and controversial this place is.

As I just said yesterday to someone - I know 3 firefighters (also do search and rescue) here - every single one of them have told me - "just stay away" - so I have. They know more than I do about safety conditions, etc. and there is no question of the deaths and injuries that occur there.

With so many amazingly beautiful places to visit here - don't decide to do to be one of those people who disregard residents warnings about the place and end up a statistic - enjoy the pier at Hanalei Bay, the sunset at any number of locations here - and if you are bound and determined to see Queen's Bath - talk to a lifeguard on the North Shore (Hanalei Bay) and find out his opinion of ocean conditions on that particular day - don't take your life in your hands for someplace that could take it in an instant.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,503 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How much time for Queen's Bath?

Aloha,

Can be a little tricky during the winter months.

The local kids make it look easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5lsV1xfIaM

I would skip it, so much more things to see

Aloha

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: How much time for Queen's Bath?

I don't think I'd spend any time there at all especially when you only have a weekend. Outside of the safety issue it's pure hype in my opinion. Nothing to write home about. You'll find any number of more awe-inspiring vistas on Kauai than Queen's Bath. There are many spots along the north shore where the views of the coastline are much more worth the stop.

If you insist, you might have time for a quick hike down the trail to it but again i'ts not something that I'd rush off to see, just fresh off the plane. As far as how much time a person spends there? There is no set or required amount of time at any spot on Kauai. Do what feels good to you.