We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water sports in Kauai?

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
265 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Water sports in Kauai?

Can anyone recommend a good raft or boat tour company. We did a Zodiak raft trip 10 years ago. It was great but a rough ride.

Kauai & Mainland
Level Contributor
954 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water sports in Kauai?

I'd talk to Smith's on the Wailua River. Probably some of the best non-ocean water activities in the state.

chicago,il
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Water sports in Kauai?

Whats it like there with the flood; is everything up and running?

Kapaa, Kauai Hawaii
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Water sports in Kauai?

I am assuming since you said it was a Zodiak and it was rough you went on a tour of the Napali Coast? They can definatley be rough rides. If you want something a little smoother I would reccomend a catermaran boat.

Holoholo Charters in Port Allen offer a great ride and a lot of fun. Theirs tours are typically about 7 hours if you go to Niihau or about 4 hours if you just do the Napali tour.

As for how things are here now. Well it seems that the major storms have passed for now. It has been fairly dry, carpared to the last few weeks, and things are returning to normal. The Kuhio Hwy still has about a 200 foot section down to one lane up on the north shore but it is still passable. They are saying it will be like that for a little while to come.

Come on and visit our beautiful island. We are waiting for you!

Aloha!