We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lydegate Park dredged?

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Lydegate Park dredged?

Has anyone been there recently. Last Feb. is was pretty murky and shallower than normal. I heard they were going to dredge it again---wonder if they have.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lydegate Park dredged?

wrong island

Kauai / Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lydegate Park dredged?

Wrong island?

They had some heavy equipment there in September after a lot of rain filled the pools with debris. Cleaned them up nicely.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lydegate Park dredged?

Wrong forum maybe, but unless Lydegate park was moved to another island, I know it's the right island!

Good to hear they had heavy equipment there in Sept. We loved snorkeling there in the past and hoped it would be good again this time.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lydegate Park dredged?

Lydgate park on KAUAI..

In todays garden island news, it is a horrible mess, with thick rotting vegetation, and dead critters including wild boar. The corruption is so thick you cannot see the water.

I belive it is the third flood in a short period of time...and it will be awhile before it is usuable.

No telling when, even after it is clean that it will be free of lepto,and contamination.

Might want to head over to Poipu Beach Park or Lawii beach on the south shore. Please check the conditions, and give the ocean plenty of respect. Stay safe.

Weather report looks like a few days of sunshine, and then heavy rain and winds are predicted off and on for the next two weeks.

just when we are going to be there. Oh well, will do the best with what mother nature doles out to us.

You can SEARCH: Garden Island Newspaper, and get the headlines,and Kauai Weather.

Denny

Kauai / Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lydegate Park dredged?

Wanna see a photo ??

michigan
Level Contributor
518 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lydegate Park dredged?

ok

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lydegate Park dredged?

That's a shame about Lydgate! It was looking really good when we were there in FEb.

Bradley, Maine
Level Contributor
685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lydegate Park dredged?

kwills- you gotta photo of it? let's see.

That makes me sad.

Kauai / Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lydegate Park dredged?

The photos are about a week old and don't show the most recent mess where the bigger pool is full of junk. These are compliments of bjbert who was on Kauai until recently and snapped them while strolling the beach. Thanks bjbert!!

I just added them to my "assorted photos" album. They're at the bottom.

pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kwils1/album…

Kauai / Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lydegate Park dredged?

Just a bump up in case anybody who was interested.....actually is!

Get answers to your questions about Princeville