We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Course renovations on Ocean Nine

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
734 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Golf Course renovations on Ocean Nine

I own a Vacation Rental House on the Ocean Nine, and I have a question for anyone who has stayed anywhere on that course, or the Lakes, since renovations started.

I'm concerned about warning my guests (scheduled for the next several months) about the work going on. I want to be honest with them, but I don't want to scare them into canceling.

Just how noisy, disruptive, ugly, or invisible (I hope), are the renovations?

Hank

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Course renovations on Ocean Nine

not familar with the terminology OCEAN NINE on Kauai, or any place called the LAKES.

You sure you have the correct island.

Denny

Princeville, Kaua`i...
Level Contributor
301 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Course renovations on Ocean Nine

Aloha from Princeville...

Renovations of the Makai course have slowed somewhat, and any noise will be daytime- and weekday-only.

The planned demolition and rebuild of the clubhouse has been cancelled; some remodeling will be done next year instead.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
754 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Course renovations on Ocean Nine

I drove through Princeville this week and the area itself is kind of ugly. The grass along the main road is all brown and dead looking. Is your house right on the course? If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

California
Level Contributor
36,398 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Course renovations on Ocean Nine

Denny:

There are 3 different courses that make up the Makai course. Ocean, Lakes and Woods.

http://www.princeville.com/makai_course.html

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf Course renovations on Ocean Nine

Dear Hank -

It is my understanding that the Oceans nine and the Lakes nine portions of the Makai Course are being extensively upgraded, while the Woods nine of the Makai Course and all 18 holes of the Prince Course are remaining in operation.

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
734 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf Course renovations on Ocean Nine

I know what is going on. I just don't know what the actual impact is from a guest's point-of-view.

Does anyone who has actually stayed in a house/condo on the Ocean or Lakes in the last month have a comment on just how noisy or ugly it is/was?

Hank

Princeville, Kaua`i...
Level Contributor
301 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf Course renovations on Ocean Nine

HankDfromSD -- what street? I'll drive by and give you an "as of today" observation.

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
734 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf Course renovations on Ocean Nine

We're on Sunset Drive, in the 512X area, but you could also see what's going on at Honoiki Rd. (going to HBR) for the next hole.

Thank you very much for the offer!

Hank

Princeville, Kaua`i...
Level Contributor
301 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golf Course renovations on Ocean Nine

All of the Ocean and Lakes holes look like what you see on the left side of this photo:

wizardpub.com/kauai/krwestinprinceville.html

Drove by your area today, Hank -- t-boxes, fairways and greens are brown; roughs are still green; there is no heavy equipment near your house (or even nearby).

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
734 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Golf Course renovations on Ocean Nine

Thank you, Auntieniele.

That relieves my mind, and I will be able to pass on some factual information to my guests.

This is a great board!

Aloha,

Hank

Get answers to your questions about Princeville