We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Villas - Starwood promo upgrades?

Sacramento
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Villas - Starwood promo upgrades?

Staying at the Westin Villas for 5 nights in late Feb 2009 on a promo I bought (gasp) 2 years ago for $599 (gosh, was airfare ever cheaper 2 years ago!). It is for a Studio. Anyone else stay using a similar promo and have any luck getting an upgrade to a 1 Bedroom, either free or for a minimal cost?

Houston
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Villas - Starwood promo upgrades?

we are thinking about coming out around the same time....late Jan. What is your thought about the weather that time of year?

Sacramento
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Villas - Starwood promo upgrades?

That's kind of a loaded question...The weather in Feb will be LOADS better than the weather in most of the States at that time of year...While we live in Nor Cal, it will still be better in Kauai in Feb than it is here...is it as nice in Feb as Sept? Probably not...Will it impact most of what you want to do?...I doubt it. So I guess short answer; I'm not too concerned about the weather. I have been to Hawaii at various times of the year and really don;t see that big of a swing in temp, or rainfall, for that matter.

sacramento ca
Level Contributor
683 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Villas - Starwood promo upgrades?

we used this same promo (we actually had bought a promo for princeville hotel and one week before they notified us that it was for westin villas so we started on a bad note!) and then we tried to upgrade, place was half full and we were told no, also coudln't pay for additioanl nights at regular cost or anything. not very accomodating....

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,059 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Villas - Starwood promo upgrades?

My experience with the Westin promos is that they will contact you and try to SELL you an upgrade if one is available.

My general practice is to FAX the reservations manager a couple weeks before my stay and ask for a free upgrade is one is available. (Be sure and mention "free." I learned the hard way.)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
130 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Villas - Starwood promo upgrades?

If you have any status with Starwood, you might be eligible for an upgrade but I agree, I would contact the property before you get there to find out their specific rules. We are Hilton diamond status and their policy is to upgrade you if space is available. Not sure if Starwood has a similar policy.

We stayed on the promo package in September in a studio. It was plenty spacious for 2 people but the bed is a queen vs. a king. A king bed would have been the only upgrade we would have wanted. We had a peek-a-boo ocean view which was nice, so if they deny an upgrade to a 1 bedroom, make sure you ask for an ocean view, if possible.

The property is very nice and you'll likely spend minimal time in the room itself. You won't be disappointed!

California
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin Villas - Starwood promo upgrades?

Aloha,

I have just contacted the hotel and I was advised it would cost $200.00 per night to upgrade!

Not worth it......I have stayed here although the rooms are very nice. I would not pay that much for an upgrade to a 1 bedroom......

Staff is ok....I would not say the best in the area but rated an ok.....Rooms are wonderful....Resort is semi new and is ok......Food is Fantastic.......

Have fun wherever you may end up! The Island has Very much to offer and in my opinion an upgrade when you only spend very little time in your room is not

neccesary unless its free or close to it!

Have an awesome time and remember hat, sunglasses and sunblock a must!

California
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin Villas - Starwood promo upgrades?

Aloha,

Just in from Kauai,Hawaii Stayed at the Westin Princeville again...Wow this place was great, when they first opened it was a bit sketchy but.....things are looking good now and they are in the middle of building the ocean view golf course LOOKS nice! OK as far as upgrades ...dont call in advance they will tell you 200.00 per night or better for upgrade.... so not worth it.....The studios are awesome, if you want to upgrade wait until you check in, most of the time they have upgrades available for 50.00 Ohhhhh yes well worth it!

Studio is great has kitchen, with fridge, stove, microwave, coffee pot, pots and pans.

Bathroom has 1 person jacuzzi tub.

Waher and dryer with one small tide ( you might want to stop at foodland or safeway in Kapaa.....get some groceries then pack food for your days out (will save you lots of money)

1 bedroom

Very nice complete full kitchen (studio is just smaller) living area with pull out couch.

Bathroom has 2 person jacuzzi tub.

Both are very nice rooms, jacuzzi and pool overlooks the ocean....Nanae restraunt awesome food!!!!!

If you are a starwood member you can earn points then use points and cash for your room (saves lots of money)

Aloha and have fun on any venture you may go on!

Deena

California
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Westin Villas - Starwood promo upgrades?

Yes Mark I agree Only for the King bed and maybe the 2 person jacuzzi

Aloha

9. Re: Westin Villas - Starwood promo upgrades?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, December 07, 2009