We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightmare Wedding Reception at the Princeville Resort

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nightmare Wedding Reception at the Princeville Resort

Do NOT book the Princeville Resort! I give the room 2 stars! MOLD on the lampshades, broken fridge (but not only in our honeymoon room, but also our wedding guests room! And when I say broken, I mean the door was off the hinges and did not get cold at all. RIP OFF!!!! The staff didnt even serve me what I ordered for the dinner at my wedding! I ended up paying almost 300 do9llars a head for a meal that was rushed ( a 3 hour reception was crammed into an hour and a half) They didnt even freeze my cake top and when I went to get it upon check out it was given to me upside down and rotten. MY HEART BROKE to see it! They also overcharge for everything. I spent every dime I had on this wedding, and we were re organizing the room at 1 am the night before the wedding. Did I mention they suddenly charged me $2000.00 over for my wedding reception? Well they knew they had me where they wanted me! Oh, and they tried to charge us a different price for the room, watch your debit cards people!!

Everything was way overpriced, the staff could care less and they completely ruined my wedding reception. The Princeville Resort claims to press wedding gowns, but they flat out lie. I was told it was broken, and I was also told I could bring it down to laundry and do it myself!!!! UNREAL!!!

> The salon is tiny and can handle a max of 2 people and they are far behind with technology and techniques. They overbooked and the hair and make up went from a quote of 165. to 365. because the mani pedi was overpriced! I am writing to the CEO of Starwood Hotels and also St. Regis Hotels....and have all receipts and photos

PLEASE!!! Do yourself a huge favor... Look into the town of Hanalei. All the awesome things to do are off away from that resort anyway. The PRINCEVILLE RESORT gets a big 2 in my book, and thats purely for the lobby and the view ( which is everywhere on the island).

Also , the cleanest and nicest place we stayed was the ( believe it or not) Best Western Plantation Hales in Kapaa. The night life was fun and funky, the food was great and the room had a kitchen, you really need one on that island. Kauai is beautiful, but stay away from the Princeville Resort. My new husband and I have just returned after 3 weeks on the Island of Kauai and I recommend eating local. The food is better and the price is right. I hope none of you get it stuck to you the way we did!

Wailua
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Nightmare Wedding Reception at the Princeville Resort

Just a side story about the Princeville hotel looking like it was just plopped down on the cliff: one of the newspapers had an interview with a local businessman who had been the planning commissioner back when they approved the hotel, and he pretty much admitted that in hindsight it was a mistake because it clashes so much with the scenery.

California
Level Contributor
36,095 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Nightmare Wedding Reception at the Princeville Resort

I have heard they plan on painting it. At first I heard it was going to a pinkish color. Talk about clashing!!! I hope they were only kidding.

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
447 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Nightmare Wedding Reception at the Princeville Resort

Our credit card helped us out with the Westin this year, when we were over charged. They put a hold on the over charge, till we got credit. Watch your deposit we were charged the full price and were told we had to pay only 1 night and could cancel by 4 P.M. the day of arrival. So check your credit card before you go. This is another Starwood property. I hope you got a refund.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,893 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Nightmare Wedding Reception at the Princeville Resort

I'll get beat up, but I must say this ... and April, I am SO sorry ...

There have been a number of posts over the past six months where the poster has asked if he/she should stay at the Princeville given that it was soon to close for renovation. The respondents were many of the folks who are now responding to April. You said -- no problem! The hotel will be fine ... sure all the staff will be there and it will be great. Beautiful! Great, great don't worry. And every time the question came up I said -- don't GO! I recounted my horror stories from over a year ago, as well as the fact that there would be no motivation to keep the place clean, in working order and well-staffed.

And again, April ... I am truly sorry and I hope that you are successful in getting compensation before the hotel managements gets their feet out the door and "no one is home." It sounds like the management of the Princeville Resort is trying to squeeze its last dollar before the closure. I would contact my credit card company pronto as a first action.

25. Re: Nightmare Wedding Reception at the Princeville Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Princeville