We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pahio at Bali Hai Villas

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
5 posts
Save Topic
Pahio at Bali Hai Villas

I am planning a surprise retirement trip for my husband in April, 2009.

I don't think I have a lot of choices for a 2 bedroom and the Pahio at Bali Hai Villas always seems to have openings.

Can anyone give me a true description of this place. The reviews are all over the place from the most wonderful vacation ever to the worst vacation ever. It is so confusing. It will be a "once in a lifetime" trip, so I am trying to get the best I can.

Help, please.

Thanks,

Hawaii09

California
Level Contributor
35,806 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pahio at Bali Hai Villas

Here is an old thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60626-i828-k16315…

Is there a reason you are choosing this complex? Timeshare exchange perhaps?

When I was there in May construction was still ongoing which is probably why the mixed reviews. I would think by next April they would be done. You could always call them.

It is located in the area known as Princeville on the North Shore. From the units I saw there wasn't much of a view except maybe the golf course. I've heard some buildings are better than others. With timeshare properties you usually aren't told what unit you get until you get there.

Happy planning.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pahio at Bali Hai Villas

That Pahio property gets a lot of mixed reviews because there is a tremendous variation in how well the units are kept. Plus they hve no ocean views. If this is truly a "once in a lifetime" trip for you, I would suggest you look at a couple of different complexes. The best value in Princeville with a good view is generally Sealodge. They do have two bedroom units and some are running a promotion right now for about $160 a night. You might also take a look at the Cliffs and Alii Kai. Also, there are some nice "stand alone" two bedroom condos at the Hanalei Bay Villas. Most of these have beautiful mountain views and some look across to the ocean as well.

California
Level Contributor
35,806 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pahio at Bali Hai Villas

Wow. I just read the reviews and even if people thought it was OK they gave it 3*'s. Not good reviews at all. There are too many nice places to stay on the island to risk going here IMO. I do think you are using timeshare points so look into some other complexes within your group.

Calif.
Level Contributor
226 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pahio at Bali Hai Villas

Stay away from the Cliffs. Every negative report is true.

Pahio Bali Hai is a great place to stay. I don't think the new pool is done yet, but the one they do have is great.

We bought there 8 years ago and stay there 28 days a year. They have golf scrambles at Princeville Country Club for $75 including cart as well as a lot of other things to do.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pahio at Bali Hai Villas

I am a owner there and love it. Make sure you get a newer unit though! There is a ton of construction going on right now which is the only drawback. Some units have views of the mountains, which are stunning when the waterfalls are coming down.

CA
Level Contributor
251 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pahio at Bali Hai Villas

I'm an owner at Pahio Shearwater, the sister resort to Bali Hai. Among all the Pahio resorts, Bali Hai is my least favorite. Don't take me wrong, I believe Bali Hai is still a good place to stay if you would like to be on the North Shore. My problem with Bali Hai is it just does not have a Hawaiian atmosphere to this place. It looks more like an apt complex that could be anywhere in US. The density is also higher there than the other Pahio resorts so it gives you a crowded feeling. If possible, I would recommend Pahio Shearwater which is an oceanfront resort next to the Sealodge. I also like Ka'Eo Kai and Kauai Beach Villas but the later one is in Lihue/Kapaa area.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pahio at Bali Hai Villas

We're owners at Kauai Beach Villas (another Pahio) and love the resorts. But I understand how a lot of bad reviews could be given to the various Pahios. They've been slow in renovating the units. If you get an unrenovated unit, you may be disappointed. The newly constructed units at Bali Hai are gorgeous! But I'm not sure you would get them with an RCI exchange.

south carolina
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pahio at Bali Hai Villas

my husband and I stayed at timeshare the end of April beginning of May. we had never been to Kauai but because of booking with RCI chose Bali Hai. after reading reviews we were very nervous about what we had gotten ourselves into. i do not remember unit number but can look it up if you like. we were on 2nd floor and overlooked the pool. there was nothing wrong with our unit. staff very accomodating and we had everything we needed. we were out every day so maybe that makes a difference. but we were pleased with what we had and would go back again.

Calif.
Level Contributor
226 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pahio at Bali Hai Villas

I am at Bali Hai Villas NOW. We have a 3 bedroom w/3 bathrooms, stainless steel appliances, large bedrooms, 2 Jacuzzi bathtubes, a roomy kitchen with a breakfast bar. As for the veiw...nt much from the room, but, it is a 5 minute walk to the turn around between The Cliffs and Sea Lodge. The staff is great and the constuction is not bad.

They have broken ground for the new pool and Club House but it won't be done until the end of the year. The pool they do have has 3 water falls going into the pool and the spa and sandy bottom in the kids end of the pool.

I am very comfortable here and my family loves it. I will try to download some *PICS* in the next 3 weeks.

10. Re: Pahio at Bali Hai Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, October 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Princeville