We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Princeville

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
447 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Princeville

Does any I know if the pools are started at this hotel? We are going in June.

Mahalo Ann

sacramento ca
Level Contributor
686 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Princeville

anybody?

we're going the end of june! of course, i have a pool at home so defintley shouldn't be worried about a pool when i'm in hawaii....but i still am.....

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Princeville

If you're talking about the Westin Ocean Resort Villas in Princeville, the answer is yes. The pools are ready. My husband and I stayed there for a week at the beginning of May. Gorgeous property!

California
Level Contributor
37,645 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Princeville

I was there the other day for lunch. The pool area is very pretty. They have umbrellas made out of palm leaves and a cabana for shade. I saw people barbqueing at the four grills and it is a lovely pool area. It is just to bad the ocean views couldn't have been better. The lobby is pretty but the buildings are just OK.

I think you will enjoy the property.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Princeville

Jebett,

How was the lunch you had there?

California
Level Contributor
37,645 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Princeville

It was OK. I had the fish and chips. Not alot of flavor and the flies were bad, but it was nice to sit out by the pool. The guy sitting next to me complained about the roll his sandwich came on. The service seems very good. Everyone was friendly and eager to please. They have a very nice sundry shop with marinated meat you can buy for the grill.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
754 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin Princeville

I ate three meals there- breakfast, lunch and dinner! Dinner was really good, breakfast was pretty standard for a hotel (eggs, sausage and toast..) and lunch was very reasonable. The staff was attentive and kind. The only thing I was surprised about was at Nanea restaurant they immediately added 15% service fee.

By the way, the pools are heated!

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,386 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin Princeville

Mar0,

How was the meal and service at Nanea? I'm thinking of taking my wife there for our anniversary.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Westin Princeville

Mar0,

Did you purchase any meats or fish to grill? How were the prices?

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
754 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Westin Princeville

I did not buy any meats to grill- I went to check on the prices, but because it was first thing in the morning, the meat wasn't out yet! I can't imagine the meat/fish being a bit pricey, however.

The food at Nanea was really good. I had Opah that was served with soba. The fish was cooked really well, with a shoyu based sauce. I had scallops for an app and they were cooked perfectly as well. I hate when places overcook scallops, which happens more often than I would like.

Nanea has inside and outdoor dining, and there is a small waterfall outside. The service was good. One thing I found odd was that I like bread right away (I usually go to eat starving) and we had to request it to be served. According to our server, bread is usually served with the entrees? But she brought out my bread quickly!

Because the restaurant is new, the menus, plates, silver wear, decor, etc is all modern and gorgeous. Too bad Princeville is so far away, I am making myself hungry!!! I would definitely recommend going to Nanea for a special occasion, just remember that there is no ocean view!

Also, we ordered pupus by the pool- chips, fries, onion rings (very healthy!) and everything came in a HUGE bowl. And the best part was, everything was less than $4!!!

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Westin Princeville

Thanks for the info. The scallops sound great! I love scallops, ok...now I'm hungry.