We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makai Club Condo

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, AZ
3 posts
Save Topic
Makai Club Condo

We just got back from two weeks in Princeville. First week we stayed in a suite at Ke O Kai (just beautiful!). We decided to stay a second week and the only place availible was at Makai in a one bedroom top floor condo. The only complaint we had about Makai was that it needed updating. The kitchen cabinets were so worn and the carpet really needed cleaning. In the afteroon the unit really got warm (and we were there June 15-22)). We finally left all the windows open and turned on the air (in the bedroom) and it seemed to be ok by night. Oh, we also felt that the doors should have had a second lock on them...pretty flimsy and I think one good push on the door and someone could be in the unit. That said, we would stay there again...absolutely beautiful mountain views and very quiet. It is managed by Pahio...not owned but it also is not a one in four which makes it good if you want to stay at Princeville more than one year.

Calgary
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Makai Club Condo

Do you have any comments about the pool area? How far is it from beaches and what condition were the beaches in? Would you recommend this for a family with kids aged 10 & 12? Thanks.

Scottsdale, AZ
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Makai Club Condo

Hi...the pool area is just "ok". The pool is small and nothing to rave about. If I were you I would just hop in the car (it is about 5 minutes from Makai Club) and use the pool at Ke O Kai. There is a place to change and bathroom there and the pool is much nicer. The beaches are just beautiful....all within close range. Hideaways Beach (a STEEP climb down so no taking beach chairs or heavy coolers)....but absolutely breathtaking. Not for the faint of heart but so worth the hike. This beach is about 5 minutes away ..towards Princeville Hotel. There is a small path next to the tennis courts and you follow it down to the beach. Another favorite is Lumahi Beach and it is a short hike down to it also. Most beaches right in the Princevill area are all down hill but if you drive to Hanalai and go to the end of the road you reach Tunnels and other beaches that have a flatter acess. Watch for undertows at Lumahi and Hideaways. The BEST guidbook to get is the Ultimate Kauai Guidebook by Andrew Doughty. It can be purchased at any book store or Amazon.com. Read it cover to cover before you go and again after you get there....it is the best. I would say that Makai would be great for kids 10-12.....the whole area is kid friendly. My granddaughters..ages 7 and 5 did the Hideaways hike with no problem....just hold on tight to the handrails!

Calif.
Level Contributor
226 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Makai Club Condo

There is a better pool closer at the Pahio Bali Hia...kids end of the pool has sandy bottom and 3 waterfalls. Take the Pepe Lani Loop road and ya can't miss it.

4. Re: Makai Club Condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Princeville